Saturday

and the house guests have taken off for home. Seems strange having the house so empty. I just wish I hadn't been sick half this week. Oh well, with luck the next time they come back down I'll not be sick and we can do everything I'd hoped to do while they are down.

They did have a nice drive out with hubby last night and they stopped at a cafe in Troy for dinner. I haven't eaten there yet, but I've heard good things and hubby enjoyed what he had. They did hit the store back in Moscow and brought home Cyrus O'Leary's apple pie and vanilla Haagen Das for dessert. It was yummy. I'd just had some leftover chicken earlier for my dinner.

Cold and not so nice out today. We've got the inserts back in the windows and the humidifier going with the eucalyptus oil here in the living room. The cold is working its way out, my temp is back to normal and the cough isn't so bad. Sinuses are clearing up, tho every time I blow my nose my ears plug up. ICK!

Kitties are still outside (except KiKi). Got Scrapper in for a while and hubby gave him a bit of cold chicken for treats. Nicky is not believing me when I tell him it is okay to come back in. Eventually he'll get close enough for me to grab him and haul him in.

Got laundry going, sheets and bedding. We swapped the mattress from the hide-a-bed with the futon, so now I have to figure out a cover for it as it is now on the futon. It is bigger then the futon mattress, so have to see if I can fold it a bit to make it fit the frame better. The futon mattress is thicker and seems to be giving a lot more support for the sofa, which is nice. I think I will get a couple sheets in bright colors to make the slip cover.

Comments

Chimera said…
"Victim Disarmament Zone.

Perfect name for it. Lawdog did an excellent post. Thanks for the link, which I'm returning...