Everyone arrived safe and sound

and I am almost sane again LOL

No puppy dog this trip, which is good for the kitties as they are traumatized as is from the small. Nicky has spent most of the weekend in the bedroom closet, Scrapper has to get carried in and will rush to the bedroom once he's eaten and then wants out desperately at 3am (and since my guests are sleeping in the living room on the futon, has someone willing to open the door for him so she can go back to sleep), KiKi is fine now that the initial shock of guests is over, tho she spent most of yesterday on top fo the refrigerator and I've only seen Rum Tum a few times, tho I did get him in for a few minutes on Saturday.

Life with a small in the house is fun, as she is on a schedule and the trip has disrupted that, so we've been working around making sure she gets what she needs on time, but now she's got LOTS of new stuff to look at and play with and all she seems to keep on going and going like the Energizer Bunny LOL. Gotta get a house with a guest bedroom.

Saturday we had a leisurely morning and then drove down to Lewiston, stopping at the top of the grade so P could get pics (not to mention so I could get video) and then down to Clarkston to hit Albertsons for baby stuff, then the Dangerous Store and Costco. Lunch for the adults there and then shopping. After Costco we stopped at a little park in Clarkston along the Snake and baby got to put her feet in the Snake River (Auntie Jean helped her at one point and Auntie Jean froze her toes off. That river is COLD!!!!). We had thought to drive up the Snake to Buffalo Eddy, but everyone was getting tired, so we headed back over to Lewiston to hit Black Sheep (a cool outdoor sporting goods place) and then came home via the Spiral Highway with a stop at the little parklet towards the top. Lots of vid and pics taken along the way :D

Sunday Hubby and D popped out to the range for a guys day out while I took P and the baby to the new Arboretum so the little one could run off some energy and we could take pics. I spent most of the time glad I was wearing my gray sweater and the other half of the time regretting wearing my gray sweater. I was alternating between too hot and too cold depending on if the sun was behind the clouds or not. Saturday the weather was wonderfully warm and yesterday was not so warm, tho it got nicer later in the afternoon. But the walk was nice, I got some nice pics and vid and LOTS of walking in. My knees were screaming at me all night. Afterwards we did some grocery shopping and headed home for a nice cup of tea, baby's nap (we finally tired her out) and waited for the guys to get back from the range, where they had lots of fun.

I pulled burgers out of the fridge and P had gotten some aged cheddar and I baked up burgers and tater rounds, cooked up some bacon and dinner was burgers with bacon and cheese. Very yummy. The bacon was from Costco, P bought it when we were there to contribute for breakfasts and I think that is going on the permanent buy from Costco list. It was to die for yummy.

So today is is back to work for me, hubby can entertain today and tomorrow when he isn't with clients and they can putter about on their own when he is. I am taking Wednesday and Thursday off so we can go out and about some more (still would like to take them up to Buffalo Eddy), maybe drive up towards Elk River, that is a nice drive. Weather looks like it will be okay those two days.

Comments

Bijoy said…
Nice post, its a Super cool blog that you have here, keep up the good work, will be back.

Warm Regards

The Snake River