gak!

We should all go home and crawl back into bed. It is definately a Monday, came to work without my jewelry, had a bitch of a time waking up, of course that's because I couldn't get to sleep last night and to top that off, when I finally did, I woke up have a hard time vreathing to discover the idiot child Rum Tum had curled up under the headboard on top of the power cords, thus unplugging my CPAP.

SIGH!!!

Really low key weekend. About the only thing I got done yesterday was some dishes, a couple meals and hauled the garbage out. Hubby spent most of the day playing Diablo II after he updated the Flash and Java on my linux side. We watched a bunch of shows we'd recorded and the race.

The race was pretty good, the only thing that would have made it perfect was if Jeff had come in first and Jimmy 2nd, but we'll take the finish as it was.

Got creative for breakfast, started with a bit of chopped onion and butter and cooked that until soft in the cast iron skillet. Then I tossed in the leftover fries from the night before (we picked up some batter dipped fish fillets for fish and chips) and chopped those up as they cooked. I then chopped up some smoked sausage with cheese (Bar S brand, very tasty) and let that all cook a bit with a bit of black pepper. I then scrambled up some eggs and tossed that in, along with some cheese. Served it up with some nice buttered toast and YUM!

For dinner I took one of the Rancher's Reserve roasts and coated it with the garlic caesar stuff and a bit of olive oil and white basalmic vinegar, poked the thermometer in it and popped it on the rack of my roasting pan. Into the oven at 300F and just left it roast. When that was almost done, I sauted up some onions and then added the juices from the roast while the roast rested. I did cheat on the gravy and added a packet of au jus mix. I then made rice with mushrooms (part of which I brought for the potluck today):

Rice and mushrooms


Dinner tonight will most likely be leftovers of some sort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Humphrey the Comfrey is growing quite nicely