End of a long week

So it was back up to Spokane yesterday for the last (I hope) allergy visit. I ended up leaving 4 vials of blood to be sent to John Hopkin's University for further testing for bee and whatnot venom. The allergist is a bit befuddled about my lack of reactions to the tests, but my having symptoms on being stung and then the itching without a rash most of the time does have him confused. I am quite good at confusing doctors LOL. He thinks it might possibly be the antihistimine I've been taking has suppressed things enough that they just aren't showing up on the tests. Granted, I've been taking them pretty much daily since my one doc suggested them in the first place, so that could be it.

The allergist has recommended I keep the epi-pen handy and gave me a 'script for one that is similar called a twin inject. We'll check with our pharmacist and see which one is better price wise. He also said to hang onto my old one even if it has expired as while it isn't 100%, it only degrades a little bit every month and makes a good back up in case the unexpired one isn't available. So I will do that.

So after that, we headed to a chinese buffett for lunch. I had my first shrimp in years. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Happy tummy. I only had 6 just to make sure, but they were soooooooooooo yummy. Most buffets don't put the expensive seafood out until dinner, so I made do with the chilled shrimp and happy they actually put some out.

Then it was over to CDA for gas and while at Costco I grabbed a bottle of naproxine for hubby. Then we cecked out the Big Lots store there. Pretty cool, kinda like Ross, but for stuff other then clothes.

Decided to come back via th old Hwy 195, so back thru Spokane and then turned off at Plaza (I know there is a way from Spokane that doesn't involve the new HWY, but I can't remember how to get to it). We stopped in Oaksdale at the Nighthawk Cafe for coffee and a snack. Hubby tired out their roast beef sandwich and I just had apple pie a la mode. YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From there we drove up to the top of Steptoe Butte, first time I've ever been up there in all the time I've lived in the area. Very nice drive up and great views. We'll have to take our friends up when they come to visit in a week.

I took a bit of video, so am working on getting that all processed.

So today is a laid back day. Popped out and picked up a box o'wine (white zin), some hamburger, buns, bread and crimini mushrooms. I have burgers in the oven, I mixed the burger in the KA stand mixer with some onion dip, Johnny's seasoned salt, Johnny's garlic stuff, worchestershire sauce and some TJ's basalmic vinegar. Smells yummy (my favorite word of the day). The 'shrooms I sliced and have them sauteeing with onions and we'll top the burgers with that.

We also picked up a Cyrus O'Leary's lemon cheesecake. Triple YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Humphrey the Comfrey is growing quite nicely