Countdown til the big visit

Our friends will be arriving in a few weeks with their new baby girl. They are very good friends we consider family, so we consider their little on to be our "niece". I so can't wait, we have seen our little sweetie since last summer when we went up to visit them in Canada.

So now we have the fun and joy of babyproofing the house. More latches for the under cabinets, latches for the liquer cabinet, making sure all the cords for the blinds are tied up way out of her reach. Clearing off a lot of the clutter on the bookshelves (do I see a Fling in the making?), clearing off the alter (lots of stuff a little can get her hands on that aren't very good for littles). Luckily the kitty dishes are already up out of her reach, tho at least one kitty box will be going elsewhere. Probably move the kitty condo outside for the week or else bolt that puppy to the wall so it can't be pulled over.

Water heater isn't a problem, I turned it down to 120F or a bit lower right after we moved in. We'll look at closing off the hallway anyways so she can't get into the bathroom when we aren't looking. That will also keep the floor to ceiling bookshelves out of temptation's reach. Have to get down on hands and knees and evaluate power cords and outlets. I think I still have some outlet covers floating around.

Hmmm, have to see about babyproofing outside to. Not sure what the weather will be like, but if she needs any yard time, have to close off under the deck and make my garden work area a LOT safer for yard rats. I've got plastic lattice that can go for the deck. Some of the lawn ornaments will have to get pulled and stored.

I SOOOOOO can't wait till they get here, I'm so behind on my baby snuggling it will probably take all that week to catch up LOL.

Comments