I want a two day work week and a 5 day weekend!

Had a nice relaxing weekend, but still way too short. We finally got the range thing worked out and have a key to the shooting range so I can now go out and practice.

We went out yesterday morning to watch the steel match and get our range membership and the key. We were going to do some shooting after the match, but hubby's back started bothering him, so we came back into town to get some lunch and then go back out. Well, we hit the Chinese buffett for lunch and then planned on hitting Howard Hughs and Sears to look at refrigerators before going back out to the range, but got very tired. So we decided to go home, take a nap and then go out.

Had a very nice nap, but when we got up, it was raining. I'm not taking my nice new shotgun out in the rain. Hubby looked at the overhead and saw more was coming our way so we decided to wait until next weekend. I popped out a few minutes later to find it snowing, big white fluffy flakes. ICK!

So we stayed home, watched the race and made yummy popcorn using bacon fat instead of canola oil. YUM!!!!!!!

We returned the live trap to the Humane Society on Saturday and then went back home. Hubby was wanting something pastry-ish, so I made some cream puff shells and made a filling out of some cream cheese, a little milk, some vanilla and a bit of Splenda. I also took some leftover fried chicken from Winco and shredded it and then mixed it with the spinach dip we'd gotten there to make savory puffs. We still had some puff shells last night, so I stuffed them with mocha fudge ice cream for a lovely sweet snack last night. The KA mixer makes mixing the batter so much easier, esp since I doubled the recuipe and was adding 8 eggs, one at a time.

The race was great, except our DVR stopped recording during the red flag stop. Thank goodness NASCAR.com has a video synapsis of the race so we were able to catch the finish. David Reutimann's crash towards the end had my heart stopping again, I was so glad to hear he was okay after seeing him slumped over his steering wheel and not moving.

Speaking of the race, I like to check out The Church of the Great Oval for Clance's viewpoints NASCAR (she does great horoscopes of the drivers before the race). She's changed her blog a bit and has a lot more stuff and posted a link to an article on another blog that may be of intersted to folk. Seem that the state of Alabama has criminalized the sale of adult sex toys and the federal courts has said this is a fine and dandy idea. The blog Sex in the Public Square has a post about this and there is some interesting reading and comments. Pretty nifty blog over all. I so can't believe we are in the 21st cnentury and states are making adult toys illegal. Jeeze, Big Brother in our bedrooms has GOT to go!.

While out at the range, I took quite a few pics, posted a couple on my Flickr page. The rest I will work on over the next few days and then get those posted.

pin2

Comments