Nothing says I love you like a new rifle

I LOVE my hubby. I had downloaded our digicam as he had taken some photos that he needed to check. I was going thru (I had some I'd done earlier) and zipped thru the ones of the cat and came to one of a rifle I'd never seen before laying on mybed.

Needless to say I went "HUH!?!?!?!?!?!". Hubby then handed me a clip with 8 rounds of 30-06 and said I would need it.

I raced for the bedroom (it wasn't there) and he went in the office and came out with my new baby:




1943 (our gun guy thought) M1 Garand.

Now we've GOTTA renew our membership in the range cuz I want to go shooting (and I don't care if it is 35F with a windchill of minus 20 :D ).

Now hubby can have his Enfield back and we can go hunting together :)

Comments

Chimera said…
What a beauty! Let us know when you're going out after elephants, huh?

"...hubby can have his Enfield back..."

Right. I can see you letting go of that one easily, too, lol!
Anonymous said…
Actually giving him back the Enflield is pretty easy. Since I've switched to shooting lefthanded, trying to shoot a bolt action rifle made for righthanders can be a pain in the left wrist hehehehehe