Merry Christmas everyone

Have been having a nice quiet week. Slept in and it is soooooo nice (of course that means I stay up a lot longer in the evening hehehehehehe).

Been puttering a bit. Cleaned out the deep freeze Sat night and stashed everything out on the deck. I did toss some things that had either been in there too long or I wasn't sure of. Turned it off and let things melt. We put down towels to catch most of the water and in the morning I got the last of it with the wet dry vac. Took a damp rag to the insides to clean up the berry juice from when things thawed when the door got stuck open from a cord that got into it. I then dried it with a dry cloth adn then turned it back on. Once it got cold enough I pulled everything in and back into the freezer it went, tossing a few more things.

I kept the 12 lb turkey out to thaw. I am made a brine with kosher salt, black peppercorns, dried rosemary and orange juice concentrate. Popped the turkey into that in a tall kitchen garbage bag and into the stock pot it all went. That I stashed out on the deck last night and today I popped it in the oven. Darned thing is coking a lot faster then I am used to, then again it is a much smaller bird then normal and it isn't stuffed.

I've the sweet potato casserole out of the freezer and it is in the oven. The bird should be coming out in a few minutes or so to rest and then I'll make some gravy. I hadn't intended on using the juices from the bird, but it wasn't salty at all, so I added some butter and wine to it. It won't be as rich as my usual gravy, but it should still be pretty tasty.

Will pull out some dressing I'd stashed in the freezer to go with the turkey. Forgot to get another loaf of bread and I didn't feel like making any today, so sandwiches will wait for tomorrow.

Have had a nice quiet day. Made blueberry muffins, hashbrowns, bacon and eggs for breakfast. Used muffin mix and dehydrated potatos, wasn't in the mood for too much work this morning hehehehehehe.

Been raining since last night, so most of the snow is gone. WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! I wanted a white Christmas. SNIFF!!!!!

Made more laundry soap yesterday, so I am set for another 6 months before I have to worry about more.

Comments