A breezy Friday

Survived the wind storm fairly unscathed. The cap on the chimney did blow off, so once the wind dies down we'll get someone to go up on the roof to measure the chimeny and we'll see about getting a solid cap for it. What was up there was the spark arrester thingy and it won't stay on without a lot of duct tape.

Here's what it was like out this morning:



Looks like the west side of Washington got hammered last night, glad we don't live over there.

The staff Christmas party was nice, lots of good food and my apple butter pumpkin pie was scarfed. Someone brought a roast turkey, another person brought a baked ham, we had several salads, a number of hot dishes in crockpots, veggies and dip and lots of desserts. Needless to say, I wasn't hungry for dinner, so we hit Winco and got a couple sub sandwiches which hubby noshed on for dinner. I hacked of a chunk of the roast beef sub for my lunch today.

By the time I got home I was so achy I was almost screaming, so I crawled into a nice HOT bubble bath for an hour and then curled up on the couch for a while. We went to bed about 9:30pm and I took a couple acetominiphen PMs to help me sleep. Worked fine until just after 11 pm when the winds hit and then I was awake half the night.

Comments

Chimera said…
How in blazes do you manage to get exactly the same weather I get, when you're on the opposite side of the Divide?

We got slammed with the third of three (all in one week) cyclonic systems last night. Like you, we were totally prepared. And like you, we didn't need to use any of the emergency stuff.

Ya think maybe the gods are playing silly games with our weather to see whom they can catch unprepared? Thor's brother has that kind of sensahumor(and no, I'm not mentioning his name. Just in case.)...
Anonymous said…
Just lucky I guess hehehehehehe. At least the wind speeds had dropped by the time they got to us. Someone was mentioning that they clocked 102 mph on the coast! EEP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the gods seem to think this is a funny. Someone needs to 2X4 them to get a clue :D