TGIF!!!!!!!!

Finally Friday and I'm depserately trying to avoid getting sick again. GRRRRRRRRRR. Just popped some asprin for the sore throat, burning chest feeling. Luckily I still have some of my magic chicken soup for lunch. Have to stock up on more coconut milk and look at making another batch.

WOO HOOO!!!! Temp is up to a whole 40F now, looking towards a high of 46F and rain. We'll proably have more snow soon (there was a bit yesterday) but with luck it shouldn't stick around for too long. Still have to finish buttoning up the house, was sitting in the bathroom getting dripped on thru the exhaust vent. We'll unplug it and then up goes the plastic and a chunk of reflectix and the bathroom will be instantly warmer (and hopefully drier LOL). Then it is just the one kitchen window and some duct tape arond the inserts in the living room windows.

Time to start planning turkey day. I need to get apples to make crockpot apple butter, so may do a little bit of shopping after work tonight. I need the apple butter for Paula Deen's Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie, which I did last year and it was to die for. Since I did something new (ish) last year, I need to figure out something new to do this year. Maybe a new way to do my candied yams or find a new side dish to add to the repertoire. Have to look around and see what I can find. My mom will be here for that week and I've invited a friend over for turkey day, so I will have plenty of people to feed.

Thought we were going to be getting a new video camera. Hubby got it on a 24 hour try out. Everything looked good until we got to transfering the image to the computer, then it didn't look so good. Lots of pixel drop outs, grainy pics, lines where there weren't any when we'd hooked the camera up to the TV directly for play back. Bummer, but I am going to be very picky about the quality of the end product for the vids I want to do, so that camera wasn't going to do the job. So we'll keep searching. The camera used Hi8 tape, so what we might need to do is just look for a strictly digital camcorder, if we can just find an affordable one that does indoor and low light recording. We've look at a few, but they suck when it came to indoor recording, and since I do alot of chasing the kitties around the house that won't do. Not too mention I want to try and get vid of the Ambercrombies when they some to eat the birdseed they knock out of the feeders in the winter (the Ambercrombies are the deer that live in our neighborhood).

Hubby had an out of town client today who rescheduled for tomorrow, so it looks like I'll have the house to myself. With luck I can get something done this weekend, I need to get back on my Flywitch broomstick and and stary FLYing again.

The rehabilitation of Scrappers is coming along. He's letting be snuggle him in my lap. If he's around tomorrow I'm going to see about bringing him in for a while. It will be tense with my 3, so I will have to be on my guard to make sure things don't get out of hand.

In local news, Fred Russell's sorry ass in now sitting in the Whitman County jail. Ireland put him on a plane yesterday and now he gets to face his victims and the survivors of the people he killed in court.

Comments