Ick....

Got a headache today and it doesn't want to go away. Time for more apsirin.

Had a minor panic attack this morning. I couldn't find my camera. It wasn't in my purse or backpack and I didn't see it at home or in the car. Nor was it around my desk at work or up in the breakroom. Then I remembered I had an extra bag with me when I went home on Tuesday with the kitty cat mask I never got around to wearing on Tuesday (I so loved wearing the tiara I didn't want to take it off LOL). I then remember I'd scooped a bunch of stuff in that and it is currently sitting on the futon in the living room. So I am camera-less today.

Yesterday was an blech day cooking-wise. We hit Winco and picked up some chicken and sides and hid out in the bedroom eating chicken and watching TV. Got caught up ont he previous two weeks of Criminal Minds and last nights episode of Bones. Also finshed the episode of The Hungry Detective we'd started the other night. Good thing we'd already eaten chicken as Chris was at an Atlanta eatery called Son's Place and having some tasty fried chicken hehehehehehehe.

Discovered an interesting thing about the electric cooler in the bedroom. We'd picked it up this summer to take camping and it plugs into the powerpoint in the car. We also got an adapter for it to run it in the house. We decided it would be good to keep in the bedroom for sodas, water and wine and any snacks that need to be kept chilled for when we hid in there. Well, it keeps things cool all right. Frozen to be exact. Discovered all the liquids in there were frozen solid last night (luckily NOT the wine), including the sodas. EEP!!!! Finally figured out why this morning. The cooler keeps things at 40F degrees below ambient temp, ie if the temp is 90F degrees in the room or outside, the cooler will stay at 50F. The bedroom is currently heated to 64F most of the time, so the temp IN the cooler is 24F. Needless to say, we'll be keeping it unplugged LOTS during the winter.

So tonight I will probably fix what I had in mind for dinenr last night. I was going to make au gratin potatos and ham. I may not since we still have lots of leftover chicken. I might do something with that and a cheese sauce and something for a side. Not sure yet, depends on how I am feeling when I finally get off work. May hold off on the au gratin potatos for the weekend when I have time to do it all.

Scheduled to see my advisor tomorrow for next semester. I need to find out how many credits I do have towards my 2nd degree. I think I have enough, but none of my transcripts are available on the computer and I don't feel like shelling out the money to get them. My advisor should be able to request them for free, so I can see about getting a copy from him hehehehehehe. There is one more anthro/arch class I want to take, but it is being held in an off campu location and it will be difficult for me to get there and back from work, so I guess I'll skip it and see what else is available in the department. I would love to take the forensics class, but it isn't being offered next semester.

Halloween was fun, even if hardly anyone else dressed up at work. No trick or treaters at home either, tho we picked up candy just in case. One of hubby's clients dropped by, so when I opened the door I hollared "A trick or treater! YAY!!!!" and gave him some candy LOL. He took in in fun. I then went to my one neighbor's and trick or treated her house. I would have gone ot the neighbors on the other side of us, but they weren't home. Oh well, next year hehehehehehehehe.

On the local news front and speaking of Halloween, it appears some local high school aged cowards went around stealing candy from kids out trick or treating. In one case they targeted some Jr High kids and injured one of them. Talk about dispicable! Luckily the local police got on it right away and they are pretty sure they know who the junior thugs are and charges are pending. Some kids need to have their butts hauled behind the wood shed and a willow switch properly applied to bared buttocks for crap like that.

Weather has warmed up today, should have a high in the mid-40s. It has been cold the last couple of days, so cold even Rum Tum didn't want to stay out too long.

Comments