Back among the living

or at least the walking dead. Had to come to work today or go completly insane. I couldn't take anymore of being home sick.

At least the killer cough has subsided, now it is the annoying cough. And some sneezing. Luckily my sinuses are staying fairly clear and the squeaky noise I was making while breathing this morning has stopped.

I've brought a fair supply of cold remedies, the zinc losenges, Halls defense losenges, plenty of garlic caps, LOTS of aspirin. I've resisted taking the Sudafed thus far and think I can get thru the rest of the week without giving in. Not really into the tacycardia attack the psuedonephrene would give me.

Managed to cook dinner last night, even tho it was a package of potato au gratin stuff with some of the ham I baked this weekend. I was able to stand long enough to do it, so things are getting better. So I have leftovers today.

Have started planning my turkey day timetable. This weekend I will get the pies prepped and in the freezer. I'll also look at getting started on the various loaves of bread I will need for stuffing and dressing. I plan on having as much done and in the fidge/freezer by Tuesday so I can relax on Wednesday so I will be well rested for Thrusday monring. I actually plan on having the blasted bird pretty much thawed out in the fridge and hopefully (knock on wood) not have to resort to the water bath. We'll see.

Need to get out and clean up after the great winds this week. Yesterday we had more, tho not as bad as Monday, but enough to blow the skirting the neighbor had stacked on her driveway halfway across the lawn. Luckily the pink flamingo kept it from reaching out car.

Been having lots of fun with YouTube, posted a response video to TubeGranny's dance-a-thon challenge. Regreted it after when I couldn't breath, but it was fun. Chatted with one of the people I subscribe to at YouTube on Stickam.com, that was neat.

My new video card should be here today. Hubby says the problems I have processing vids and maybe the problems I am having with Stickam is because I currently have a crappy cheap card to get me by as my previous video card CATOd a week ago. As is hubby has to do most of the really cool post-production stuff for my vids on his machine.

Fribble! just re-read the Halls defense package and it has echinecia in it. Can't have it. I KNEW it had it in there, but I forgot. Oh well, got the other zinc lozenges.

Not at all sure what to do for dinner tonight. Scratch something together. I need to use more stuff out of the various freezers to make room for everything I need to put in them this weekend. I've been making a pretty good dent, so it won't take much.

My mom arrives on Monday to spend the week. Luckily she is staying at a hotel as we have no room for overnight guests unless they like sleeping on the hide-a-bed in the living room. Gotta start buying lottery tickets again so we can build out own place and put in a guest suite hehehehehehehe.

Comments