Weekend is almost over, WAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Weekends are way too short.

Did Samhain last night, a very good time was had by all. I got some video footage of the bonfire and a lot of digi-pics. I'll be putting the vid on YouTube and some of the pics on Flickr and some on a blog entry.

Still having problems uploading vid to YouTube, we are having to move the modem all over the place to find a good spot. We had it taped to the back door and then we insulated the door. We think it actually got overheated, not sure, so hubby pulled it. We need to re-seal the insulation on the door. The modem is now in the north living room window, if this helps with the problem, I'll shrink wrap the window as we had to take the foam insert out. At least we'll have more light coming in.

Speaking of light, we are investing in full spectrum/sunlight compact flourescents. I currently have one in my lamp next to my spot on the couch and we have one in the bedroom we'll put on a timer to go on in the morning when the alarm goes off to help us wake up in the morning. We put one in hubby's office and we are looking at replacing (for the winter) all the rest of the lights we have. With the house sealed up the way we have and it getting dark early, it gets depressing in here and we both have problems with SAD.

Pretty much haven't gotten a thing I wanted to do this weekend done. Been too ick and lazy. Today's weather didn't help. We had to lower the flagpole it was so windy out (got vid of that blowing in the wind, will get that up later). It deluged for a while this afternoon while we were out and about at Tristate and Moscow Building Supply while we were getting the lighting supplys.

I did finish shrink wrapping the bedroom window and we picked up a vinyl "bamboo" blind to replace the regular one in the bedroom. I'm going for an exotic asian/jungle theme with a touch of American West (gotta tie in the gun racks somehow LOL). We considering one to go over the alcove in the bedroom on the wall opposite the window and doing something a bit different with the sheers I have hanging up there at the moment. Eventually I will get some animal print material for a bedspread to go with the leppard print body pillows I have on it now.

Dinner tonight is going to be burgers and fries. Tomorrow I'll thaw some shredded pork and heat that up with a packet of pork gravy. We'll get some rolls to serve it on with cheese.

Speaking of tomorrow, hubby and I will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary. Of course I'll be spending most of it at work and in class. I guess that is better then how I celebrated our 10th. I went out on a 3 day hunting trip with a couple guy friends and left hubby at home hehehehehehehehe. He got so much milage out of that on the shooting/gun boards he hangs out on (not to mention a lot of guys asking if I had sisters LOL).

Speaking of hunting, was talking with a friend at Samhain last night who was going hunting soon. I still want to go out, but I have to go out with someine experienced, I am NOT going out by myself. He said my tagging along would be great since he's wanting someone to go with also as we aren't sure if a couple of our other friends will be able or will want to go out. So we'll see. I already have my hunting license, just need to pick up a deer tag for the correct area and I will be all set.

Very pissed at DISHTv, went to watch last weeks race to discover it cut off 20 laps from the end. GRRRRRRRR It is suppose to automatically add time if the sports event runs long. So we now have it set to add 90 minutes to the event for the rest of the races (we can do it manually). It also cut the movie "Quo vadis" short too. Very, very annoying. Luckily it didn't cut "The Alamo" with John Wayne short, or else I really would be fuming.

Well, time to putter about and get burgers going (pre-made patties from the store,haven't felt lik making my own of late) and waiting for a bunch of files hubby is sending to a friend to finish sending so I can try and upload my Samhain bonfire vid to my account.

Comments