Tuesday

Can't think of anything clever for a post title.

Had a nice 4 days off. Managed to get my cold frame mostly done, I've got the battered thumb to prove it LOL. A screw stripped as I was putting it in so I got miffed and went after it with a hammer. And promptly missed the nail and bashed my left thumb. Missing some skin on the knuckle and put a most interesting blood blister in the inside of my thumb. The overall swelling is finally going down.

But the frame will be nice once I get it finished. Since the top is so big (9'X4') I'll hinge it to the shed and install a pully to lift it open. I'll finish it this weekend and I can get my seeds in at the same time. It will be really nice to have it in place for a very early spring planting.

Been having fun with YouTube. Got a few vids of the kitties I need to edit down since they refuse to be cute on demand. Silly kitties!

Found a praying mantis in my garden, got some vid of that, along with the sudden appearance of Rum Tums paw as he is whacking the mantis. Silly twit!

Been busy prepping food this weekend. Won't go into too many details as I've already blogged it on my kitchen blog. I will say the shredded pork came out nicely, Sunday night I heated some thru with Longhorn BBQ sauce and some dried sweet onions. Served on sesame kaiser rolls with sharp cheddar cheese for hubby and cream cheese on mine. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Got my paper back in class last night. Got an A-/B+ on my paper/presentation. I was seriously surprised as I didn't think I did THAT well, the assurances of the instructor to the contrary. I really gotta believe in myself better when it comes to academic pursuits. I KNOW I'm fantastic in the kitchen and elsewhere (hehehehehehe), but when it comes to school I am always second guessing myself. Next presentation is due next Monday and then I have one a week after that. At some point I need to find a paper he hasn't assigned for reading and then present that. Not sure what I will do it on as yet.

Have to seriously start winterising the house, it's getting down in the 30s overnight and the heat is kicking on in the house on a regular basis. Need to finish sealing the bedroom window and the back door and then the windows in the kitchen. Won't take too long to do, I already pulled everything I need out of the shed and we then just need to pick up some shrink wrap plastic for the one kitchen window so I can still see out of it.

Starting to think about what I'll fix for dinner. I think something with chicken and potatos. I do have some tomatos from the garden that are fairly ripe, might use them in some way, then again I just may slice them up and pop them in the dehydrator. I really do need to work on menu planning again LOL.

Comments