GRRRR! Blogger is trying to drive me nuts!

So is YouTube. Spent half the evening last night trying to upload a video to YouTube and some photos to JeanC's Kitchen blog and either they kept timing out or taking 15-20 minutes to load a photo. Then my computer joined the act and rebooted before I could at least save the post with a few of the pics. Not sure if the upload problems were on the sites end or if our ISP is having problems as most of the other sites I was reading were doing fine.

Finally got around to watching the Bank of America 500 race from two weeks ago. %&^^#$%@# recording stopped 20 laps from the end, so I didn't catch who won. Was sad for Jeff, I KNEW those announcers shouldn'at have said his luck had gotten better, two mintues after his engine exploded. GRRRRRRRR!!! I even knocked on wood when they said that, but oh well. Hopefully his did better at Martinsville. We started watching it to see if they recapped the previous weeks race, but &%^$%# NBC started the race coverage right before the green flag. I hate NBC, they can't do sports to save their lives. I am SOOOOO glad they aren't broadcasting NASCAR next year. Had a co-worker check NASCAR.com for me and give me the results as I don't want to know who won this last weekends race.

Busy tonight and tomorrow night. Celebrating Samhain tomorrow and tonight is set up and time for just the coven. Samhain is one of the two rits that are open to the public (vetted public that is) and we tend to put on a production number. The attendees get a lot of of it, but most of the coven doesn't since we are focusing on the production. So having a short "our" rit will be nice.

As I mentioned, tried to upload pics to my food/cooking blog last night. I made fried potatos and they were yummy. Went a step beyond, used ham fat to fry them in. YUM!!!!!!! Definately not going to toss that stuff anymore. When bake hams, I usually have juice that I save to use in soups and such. I normally put it in a container in the fridge to let the fat rise and solidify and then toss the fat. No more of that I tell you. Makes for yummy fried potatos. Paired them with diced beef in a rice gracy. Totally yummy, good thing I still had some of the chicken and rice leftover from the other night as there was no leftovers left last night and toasted cheese and bread for lunch didn't sound good hehehehehehe.

Giving serious consideration of doing either the last ham or the turkey that are in the freezer this weekend. Both are taking up a lot of room and I need the space. If I do the turkey I can crush the carcass before wrapping it and freezing, then I can use it with the carcass from the T-day turkey after Thanksgiving in a month (yeah GHODZ!!!! a month!!!!!! EEEPPPP!!!! heheheheheeh). I still have a ton of stock in the freezer I need to do something with. The one food preservation list I am on talked about dehydrating stock and making powder out of it. I should do that. I tried with some pork stock from the roast I did a couple weeks back, but I think there was too much fat in it and it wouldn't dry properly, but I think the turkey and chicken stock should work okay.

Still have to finish the two written versions of my class presentations, just haven't been in the mental mood. Hopefully I can get them done soon. I still need to finish getting everything outside done. The neighbors have been giving me their old storm windows so I GOTTA get that ^$%&#% greenhouse built hehehehehehehe. Temps are goind down to the 20s for the lows next week. A greenhouse would help hold the heat in on that side of the house. Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if any of the windows would be tall enough to put up on the deck on the west end. Would be nice to cut down on the amount of rain and snow that blows onto the deck from that away. I still want to screen it all in next year and make some storm windows for winter. A few years back we put up plastic, but that made a horrendous amount of noise in the wind and the uphill neighbor could hear it thru her walls. It did help with the heating bills tho, even if the east end was enclosed.

Comments