Survived!

Gave my presentation last night and everyone including the instructor says I did great. Personally I don't think so, but I'll take their word for it. One gal said I didn't stutter, which surprised me as I thought I had. I normally don't stutter unless I am stressed and I was one stress puppy last night. I did take my ninja Devil Ducky with me for moral support and that did help. I got lost a couple of times and had a heck of a time reading my notes. I really have to get new glasses.

Next presentation isn't for a couple weeks, so I have some time to calm down before I do the panic thing again. Paper I am reading for it is called "In defense of the 70s", about archeaology theory and practice during the 1970s. Should be fun.

Since I didn't have a clue as to what I was going to do for dinner last night (I was too busy spending the weekend and yesterday stressing out about the presentation) beyond doing something with chicken, we hit Mickey D's and got bacon cheeseburgers and fries. Hit the spot and I didn't have to cook. I just realized that was the first meat I've had in a few days, I've been on a meatless kick of late, lots of cheese and tomatos hehehehehehehehe.

So today for lunch I have shredded chedder (we picked up a big bag of Tilamook at Costco) I'll melt onto bread and then slice a tomato to squish between them for a couple toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches. Yesterday for lunch I brought a couple parmasean bagels that I topped with diced tomato and shredded chedder and broiled that. Totally yummy. I am so going to miss my fresh tomatos when I finally pick the last one. I have GOT to plant lots more next year.

Speaking of planting, the bags I put over my current tomato plants are doing the trick, the tomatos are ripening up nicely inside. Most I have been picking while almost ripe and then bringing in to finish on the counter (in a bowl actually with the previous harvest) and that seem to be doing nicely. I do need to process the ones I've picked, I'll slice and toss them in the dehydrator and then either vac seal in jars or bags.

I have a pint jar of dried, shredded zucchini. I'll use that for crunchies on salads and in soups. I would like to see about getting more so I can use it as a substitute for bread crumbs so I can make things that are gluten free I can share with friends. Not too mention give me more variety in what I cook.

Weahter is very nice this week, we are supposed to back to normal temps. Fine by me. We pulled the air conditioners and now have them sotred in the shed, along with the camping gear. Soon I'll get the charcol grill ready for winter storage, tho the little table top gas grill will stay handy as I can use it in the winter.

Because I was so intent on getting my paper done, FLYing kinda went by the wayside for a while, but I am back on track, it didin't take to long. I did the dishes this morning that have been sitting in the sink since Sunday, but there weren't that many and it only took me 5 minutes (well, more like 10, Nicky insisted on jumping up and tryin to help. Tho I think he was more interested in playing with the running water. Silly cat!).

Tonight I will do something with chicken, not sure what yet.

BTW, I'm a red head now. VERY red. Sunday I got a bee in my bonnet and HAD to do something about my hair and since hubby hid the scissors I decided dying it would be better. I was bummed tho, I like the Garnier Nutrisse Black Cherry color and no one had it, so I went with a new shade called Hot Tamale. It's been two days and I like it. I wasn't sure at first, it is a very radical shade then what I normally use and yesterday I discovered it matches the shirt I was wearing. I'll have to get a pic and post it.

Sunday while we were out we stopped at TriState to price something and walked out with a table top chop saw. The laser was what sold hubby on it, so now I have a new toy to play with this weekend to help with building my cold frames. The neighbor had new window installed and didn't need her old storm windows, so she gave them to me. Now I am looking at all these windows I have and am getting new ideas for a greenhouse. I'm thinking of building a glass wall on the west end (the end that gets almost all the wind) and then frame and plastic sheeting for the rest of it. Just have to figure out a frame and how to attach all the windows, but I think I just may have a greenhouse before the snow flies hehehehehehe

Comments