Monda... er Tuesday

Survived the 3 day weekend, managed to put a metal splinter into my right thumb and burned my left pinky on the stove.

I was taking apart a 3 tiered metal cart we scored at a yard sale on Sat to sand and paint it and the screws were soft and I managed to pull up splinters and promptly put one in my thumb. Hubby finally dug out the cordless drill and helped get the blasted thing apart. It was originally white, someone painted it pepto bismal pink and then yellow, using latex, that was fun trying to strip off. Managed to get the rust off and it scuffed enough to paint and went after it with the Ace version of rustoleum spray enamal, in white. It is going to look great when I get it back together. Now I just need to find something to spruce up the chrome handles.

Scored some cucumbers from a friend on Sunday. So those I sliced and pickled some in a half gal mason jar in the fridge. The rest I have in the dehydrator. Those I sliced and diced to put in dips and sprinkle on salads. I also ran what zucchini I had thru the food processor and have 3 baggies full of that for adding to soups and stews and making zucchini bread.

The ham I baked on Sunday came out nicely, some I sliced and it's in the fridge for sandwiches and the rest I diced and vac sealed for future meals. I really need to get in and organize the freezers again, they are seriously full LOL.

Never did get the kitchen painted. Oh well, I still have time.

Harvested my first tomatos yesterday, 2 romas and 1 Oregon Spring. I've lots more coming on, so I'll probably be processing tomatos this weekend.

Tomatos

I have to do more cabbage leaves. I had to put the jar I did previously back into the dryer last night. I hadn't vac sealed the jar, so moisture got in an the cabbage was no longer crisp. I vac sealed the jar this morning after I got them back in.

Finally picked up the textbook for my class. I would have liked t hav gotten the other book, but that was $40 and out of budget, so will have to see if I can get it second hand somehwere's else.

Pulled some burger out of the freezer, will do some hamburger helper stuff for dinner, don't feel like major cooking. We'd picked up ground turkey, but didnt' feel like using that. Have to find some good recipes to use it in. I'm considering a lentil chili using the turkey and I can freeze that for lunches. Last night I thawed some chuck steaks and did those on the grill. I made pasta stuff to go with it. I forgot to turn off the stove, hence the burned pinky. OWW!!!!!! I gotta remember to make sure I turn the stove off, my finger still hurts this morning.

Still very smoky today, I hope they can get the fires out soon or at least start raining and clearing out the air. Couldn't even see the mountain from our house it's so thick out there.

Comments