I so need a nap

It is a sleepy day and I still have lots to do. I have managed to get a few things accomplished, the least of which is the kitchen is cleaned and better organized.

Did pancakes for breakfast, the electric griddle we got at a yard sale was well worth the $4 we paid for it. Gave the blender and electric can opener to our neighbors, so I just need to find a new home for the air popcorn popper.

I'm currently working on the living room, dragged out the winter bedspread to cover the couch with, I was getting sick of the green the couch is covered with. I really need to get more fiber fill and stuff the futon, its looking flat and sad.

I processed the rest of the Walla Wallas yesterday, I had 4 trays worth to dry and the rest I sliced, baggied and froze. 5 baggies worth. Today I combined the 4 trays into one and have a tray of cherry tomatos (or possibly Sweet 100s, I'm not sure) my neighbor brought me drying as I write. Still have some squash to slice and that will fill the last two trays and then most of the veggies will have been processed. Picked some romas and a couple Oregon Sweets. I'll let them ripen a bit mor in the kitchen before doing something with them. My one Beef Steak tomato isn't ready to pick yet.

Something got into my garden last night, I found an Oregon Sweet that had been pulled of and partially eaten. I hope what ever it was didn't like it since it didn't eat more the a third of it and will leave the rest of them alone. That one I tossed on the compost pile.

Figured out how to get Rum Tum to sit still for combing. I grabbed him up and put him on the bed and proceeded to comb him while he bit, licked and rastled with me LOL. I figured a few little scratches were worth getting him combed out enough, he was starting to get mats on his tail and his pantaloons. We still have to work more on his tummy, but I did get most of the seeds out of his fur.

Our neighbor brought us a couple links of Genesee Sauage, MM MMM GOOD!!!! You can only buy it one place in Genesee and only when they have some. So I sliced some walla wallas and carmelized them in a bit of olive oil and when those were done I tossed the sauage in on top and steamed them. OH MY GODZ!!!! That was simply to die for. Have to save up some money and see about buying a few pounds for future eating.

Not sure what I'll do for dinner tonight, but I'll pull out some burger to thaw for tomorrow and I can fix hamburger helper stuff for dinenr after class. That makes a nice fast dinner.

Have to get working on my class reading, will probably do that for my next break from FLYing today, before I tackle the bedroom.

Comments