LONGGGGG week!

and a very busy one.

Last Sunday we got out and did a bit more fishing. We are getting a bit paranoid about going out to Spring Valley tho, everytime of late we go and end up breaking somthing. First it was hubby's wrist, this time I broke my fishing pole. I loved that fishing pole, it was an 8 ft Ugly Stick and was a great pole. Luckily we had a back up pole, but it was only a 6 ft beginner Shakespeare that didn't have as much reach. Have to start looking for a new pole. I did manage to catch a few fish, most were blue gill to small to keep and one 6 inch trout I HAD to keep because the &%^$# idiot swallowed the &%^$%# hook! GRRRRRRRR.

Monday was VERY busy with profs bringing in stuff for reserve, I processed about 3 carts worth. Luckily the instructor for the class I am taking brought his stuff in so I was able to get the first weeks readings.

Went to class, there are 13 students and I'm still the oldest one, tho there is a grad student who loooks to be in her late 30s, so there is at least someone who is close to my age. Looks to be a fun class, tho when it comes tot he oral presentations I'm toast. I HATE standing in front of people and taking.

Tuesday was the day hubby went in for his hernia surgery. Everyone was expecting he would be kept overnight, but low and behold, he sailed thru surgery and recovery wonderfully well and we had him out of there by 11 am that morning. YAY!!!!! So I got him home, tucked into the bedroom with some chicken noodle soup and crackers.

While hubby was home recouperating, I was taking the car to work and going home at lunch. Traffic was insane and I really wish students would get it thru their heads that stepping out in front of the car without looking is not a very good idea.

Hubby was feeling well enough today he drove me into work. He'll come pick me up about lunchtime as I have my annual wellness exam at my docs. Then back to work to finish up the day.

I'd gotten a good chunk of the house cleaned last week, so I didn't have a lot to do this week while hubby was recouping. Slowly getting back to my FLYing routines, getting the sink shiny at night before bed and a load of laundry in the mornings.

Got half the onions processed, I'll finish processing them this weekend so they will be done. Have to sit down and inventory the pantry and freezers and finally come up with meal plans, esp for Monday nights since I don't get out of class until 8:30 pm, so we'll need something quick.

It's been smoky here for the last few days. The Dayton WA fire is still burning and over 60,000 acres. There was a fire up by Colfax WA that they finally got out. Not sure how many acres it got to, but last I heard was 4,000 and burned a grain elevator and 3 train trestle bridges. Needless to say, add in the harvest dust and breathing around here has not been plesant.

Have gotten back to being creative with dinner, haven't felt like doing a lot of cooking of late and just fell back on the tried and true same old, same old. Wed night I sliced up some chuck roast and sauteed that up in a bit of olive oil and dill weed. I made a tzaziki sauce using Nancy's plain honey yogurt. I stuffed some pocket bread with the sauce, mozzarella cheese and the beef and made yummy pocket sandwiches. Last night I cubed some boneless, skinless chicken thighs and sauteed them with a small diced walla walla sweet, a bit of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper in olive oil. I put a lid on it to let the juices flow and then when everything was ready, made some mashed potato stuff (from plakes) and to the chicken I added some dill and then some of the yogurt. YUM!!!!!!!!!! I added the togurt after taking the chicken off the heat as I didn't want it to cook too much, just heat thru. If you aren't careful, yogurt will seperate if you heat it too much.

Still working on taming Scrapper cat. He managed to get into it with the neighbor's kitties, I could hear J hollaring at him. He came over and I picked him up. Things were fine until he saw Nicky and then he got agitated and I got bit in the hand. Needless to say, I gave him a quick tap on the nose once he let go of my hand and told him that was not a nice thing to do. The I let him down and he went after KiKi (Nicky having already beat a hasty retreat into the house). I let my hand bleed out quite a bit and then washed it under warm water and treated it with tea tree oil. It's a bit sore today as it was my right hand and I am using it a lot, but that is to be expected. Good thing I've had a tetnus shot in the last few years.

Not much planned for this weekend, a bit of cleaning, maybe a dump run for stuff on the deck. Definatley a trip to Lewiston for gas and maybe a bit of shopping at Costco. Have to really sit down and do the readings for my class.

Comments

yellowdoggranny said…
fishing, walla walla's...canning, etc...makes me jealous...*sigh
Chimera said…
*groan* Don't you know better than to give me a straight line like "lo and behold" (low and beholed) when talking about hubby's hernia?

You know I've picked up a few bad habits from Spider... ;-D

Psst...don't tell him until his stitches are out -- I don't wanna be responsible for busted stitches from laughing. Or screaming.
Anonymous said…
"*groan* Don't you know better than to give me a straight line like "lo and behold" (low and beholed) when talking about hubby's hernia?"

BWAHAHAHAHAHA hehehehehehe :D

I'll wait to tell him, it would definately be screaming when i tell him hehehehehehehehe