Happy Birthday to me!

A whole 45!

I'm still working on getting the rest of the trip written up, but my eyes got buggy this weekend and I gave up. Spent the weekend puttering around and most of yeasterday doing not much of anything, that was so nice hehehehehehe.

We did get some plywood down in hubby's cave for a temporary solution to the worn out floor. Still need to lay the lino tiles from the dollar store (not to mention buying more to finish the project). We saw some really nice flooring at Costco made from bamboo that would be the ticket for a permanent solution. Just need to figure out the square footage of the room and then budget to get it. We also got him a decent office chair.

Went out and got myself a pair of Crocs in bright pink. They are SOOOO comfortable. I cant wait to be able to buy more pairs in different styles and colors.

Kitty cats are doing fine, tho Nicky managed to get himself covered in teeny, tiny burry seeds, we're still trying to get all of them out of his fur. Our neighbor J calls them "hitchikers". He also managed to sprain his right leg, tho he was doing better today, so much so I let him go outside.

Scrapper cat is slowly coming around, tho he's bitten J a couple of times. We really need to get him placed somewheres else where he can be the only kitty and with any luck have no other competition from other animals. J has been calling the feral cat people, but they haven't called back. May have to see what the local Humane Society can come up with for help. If anything we need someone to get him edited for cheap and that may solve a lot of problems.

The skunks seem to have moved away, or at least are staying out of everyone's sight.

Been using my dehydrator more. Last week I dried some squash and zucchini and then powdered it. I can use that to thicken soups and such and add nutrients. I tried walla walla sweets yesterday, that worked so I'm going to get more and dry as many as I can. I also tried drying some of the loose leaf cabbage I have. That worked out too. I juliened the leaves and dried them and then I can just toss a handful or so into soups to add flavor.

Planning a low key evening, a simple dinner, brownies and watching some chick flicks with my hubby hehehehehehe. The kitties may or may not be invited.

School starts again next week, I'm taking a class, Intro to theory and archeaological methods. I took it once before, but that was when I was dealing with uindiagnosed Graves, so needless to say, didn't pass the class. The class was supposed to be Tuesdays and Thursdays, but the original instructor had to drop it and the new one can only do Monday nights, so I get to look forward to a very long day on Mondays. Oh well.

My tomatos are going gangbusters, I just wish they'd turn red. I so can't wait to have yummy maters to nosh straight from the vine.

Comments

yellowdoggranny said…
i always wanted a dehydrater...you gave me lots of ideas...i had the worse year for veggies this year...my tomato plants looked beautiful but no tomatoes...and my pepper plant burst forth with one tiny pepper, farted and died...nothing beats fresh grown tomatoes...
Anonymous said…
My bell peppers aren't doing well. They are the ones I put in the inverted planters. Two of them have 1-2 itty bitty peppers on them, not sure if I'll get anything edible.

I've got an idea for a green house for over the winter so I can get things started way early. I'm also starting to design some cold frames so I can have veggies for the fall and winter.
Chimera said…
Only 45? I've got (almost exactly) ten years on you...

Sounds like Nicky has discovered cleavers. Also known as fragrant bedstraw. Despite the stubborn little burrs that attach to almost everything, it can be quite a useful herb.