YAY!!!!!!!

The skunks have a permanent reprieve (as long as they behave themselves). They've apparently moved out from under the neighbor's trailer and hopefully will move to greener pastures. I am going to have a serious chat with my youngest. J says she say Rum Tum nose to nose with one of the skunks. The skunk did his little stomping move and Rum Tum promptly dropped to the ground and rolled over onto his back. The skunk then turned and walked away.

WHEW!

I think Rum Tum was looking for another playmate, luckily the skunk decided against it. Rummer can be a bit rough when playing, just what we'd need, him getting too rough and getting sprayed. ICK!

So, one crisis averted, for now. I'm glad, I didn't really want to have to shoot them I happen to like skunks and wouldn't say no to having one for a pet (descented and with all their shots of course). When I worked for the wildlife rehab in California in high school we had some kits come in and they were the most adorable babies I've ever seen. We gave them all their shots and relocated them elsewhere. I was sad to see them go.

Comments

Chimera said…
Oh, good! I've never tried skunk whispering before, especially long distance, but whatever works...
Anonymous said…
Yeah, I was still having qualms about shooting something I wasn't planning on eating, even if it is for vermin control.