Gotta keep up with my blogs better

Currently sitting in the front yard under the tree blogging on the laptop. Sitting out here with me are Ms Ella, Jimmy the Pink Flamingo and the inflatable palm tree. Ms Ella will be posting her pics later.

Going to be another hot day today. Yesterday was a scorcher, spent most of it under the tree and then out at some friends house where it was much cooler. I'll fire up the grill later for dinner, not sure what, probably burgers. Have to hit the store to pick up buns, it's been too hot to bake any.

Hubby is holed up in the geek cave with the air conditioner on.

My garden is coming along nicely, lots of blossoms on various tomato plants and the bush beans are getting taller while looking at them. Havested some lettuce and spinach the other night for dinner, YUM!!!!!! My peas are sprouting like crazy, can't wait for those.

It has been so nice the last couple of days not doing hardly anything. Trying to move my compost pile from one bin to the other, but yesterday it got too hot halfway thru and I had to quit. Got more done this morning, it will take a few days to finish moving it.

Hubby wired a speaker for me to bring outside, so I've been listeing to Margaritaville Radio on the Sirius Radio channels on the Dish, lots and lots and I mean LOTS of Jimmy Buffett :D

Finally started making the mobils out of cut up CDs and some beads I have. I'll be raiding friends beads for the cheap plastic ones so I have other colors besides clear, lavender and purple. They look really cool in the tree. I just might look at making lots and selling them for a couple bucks.

KiKi is a happier kitty, even if she still has to wear the e-collar. I've been letting her come outside where she can keep cool on the grass under the tree. SHe's almost healed up, so with luck we can have her out of the collar before we go on vacation.

Vacation plans are puttering along. Plans have changed a bit, still going to Canada, but thatnks to the INS we are a couple hundred dollars short on our budget. Have to wait to see what comes in on comission checks and clients for hubby to know for sure. We want to take the ferry over to Victoria and spend a couple of days, drive up to Nanaimo and then ferry across. Still tracking down costs. Instead of Manning Park, whihc was booked up, we'll look at camping near Hope and then coming back down to the US thru eastern Washington.

We'll be spending the 4th with some geocacher friends, hopefully do a bit of caching with some people who've been caching longer then we have.

I have to go back to work Wed and Thurs, but have Friday off again. I'm hoping to get some more of the kitchen painted and the cabinets touched up.

Well, time for some more ice tea and websurfing, I so do love not having anything pressing to do hehehehehehe.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really do need to read that more often, seen it a few times. Joan is a former co-worker of mine and I love reading her writing.