Serious ketchup time

I'm a bad blogger, I haven't written in a week. Bad me :D

So, what's up. KiKi is back in the e-collar as of this morning. She had been healing up nicely and this morning I noticed she'd scratched the scab off and was bleeding she'd scratched so hard. So on went the collar and some triple antibiotic ointment. She is not a happy camper again, but it's her own danged fault.

We had found a tick on Nicky a week ago, so he got the last dose of the Hartz flea and tick once a month stuff. Went to the store to get more for Rum Tum (and KiKi once she heals up) and discovered no one carries it anymore. Still have to check Wally World (blech!), but I have to double check I think I read on one of the cat groups Hartz was pressured into discontinuing their stuff for cats over 10 pounds. It looks like they've discontinued for all kitties. They still have plenty of stuff for dogs, but no kitties. The stuff you get from the vet and the pet stores is bloody expensive ($45 for a 3 month supply for 1 cat. Times that by 3). So Rum Tum got a flea and tick collar and he isn't happy. He promptly went next door to try and convince J to take it off hehehehehehe. She wouldn't oblige, so he's stuck with it. He's finally getting used to it. Next month Nicky will get his once the other stuff has worn off and with luck KiKi will be healed up enough for hers. In the meantime she's back to being an indoor kitty and we'll keep a close eye in case one gets transported in and finds her.

Finally got the rest of my veggie garden weeded. Discovered some onions had volunteered. I thought I'd only left a couple, but it looks like some multiplied. Planted basil seeds and garlic chive seeds. I also got some of the trellis mounted on the shed and planted my sugar peas. The last of the bean starts are now in the ground, I made space for them. A couple look like they didn't survive, but I have a couple more that sprouted in the pots that I'll need to move, so no biggie.

Baked a loaf of cracked wheat bread. Added a cup of cracked wheat to regular bread flour and it turned out yummy. Used honey so it has a nice sweet flavor. It should make nice hamburger buns.

Commited thistlecide yesterday, wandered around the lawn with my coffee and spray bottle of vinegar.

We hit Lewiston on Saturday for shopping, picked up a few things. Didn't need to buy meat, so that helped keep the grocery bill down. I do need to sit down and plan out the weeks meals and get better organized. Tonight I have alfredo chicken I'll serve with some rice pilaf stuff and veggies.

Managed to get the living room mostly decluttered, same with the kitchen. Need to finish a few spots in each one. Have to get the deck straightened up. We'd gotten our property tax statement and our assessment had more then doubled. So hubby called and they are sending an assessor out on Thursday to double check since we can't figure out why it was assess at about 4 grand last year and now over 10 grand. Outside of paintnig the deck with paint I scored from the recycling center, we have put any improvements into the place. Replaced stuff, but no improvements.

Speaking of bills, got one from my endo's office saying my insurance says they can't prove I'm covered. WTF?!?!?! They had no problems the last 3-4 times I was there, so now they can't prove I'm covered. BS! Blue Cross always seems to figure out a way to screw things up. Everytime hubby sees his doc at the Pullman office our insurance keeps trying to say she's an out of service provider. Took 6 months to clear up the last screw up. I think once I get this latest screw up taken care of I'm cancelling my next endo appointment in Novenmber. I am more than happy to keep going to my regular doc for my care for the Graves' and since the endo couldn't seem to remember when I told him 3-4 times I'd already reduced my dose of the med and writes me to tell me to reduce it to where I already reduced it to. I hate docs who refuse to listen. I think he hates informed patients.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It worked well for me, once applied the ticks left my kitties alone and we have a serious tick problem (no midnight wake ups to find a tick crawling across one's bod. ICK!!!).

Our neighbor checked and Petco sells a similar product for about the same price as the Hartz, so it looks like we do have an affordable alternative to the overpriced stuff the vets sell.