Wisdom of FlyLady

One of the things FlyLady advises is to wear shoes while working around the house. I've been more or less resistant to this, tho I've been wearing them more and more while doing chores. Today I came in from the garden (I finally got my tomatos in the ground) and kicked off my shoes. I should have left them on or at least put them back on after shaking the dirt out. I walked into the kitchen and felt someting poke my right foot and thought I'd stepped on a pin or thorn or splinter. Nope, saw something crawling and hubby stepped on it with his slippered foot.

It was a yellowjacket.

Thanks the gods I didn't get stung enough I needed my epipen. My foot still stings a bit, there is a bit of swelling around the immediate area, but my breathing (once I calmed down) was fine. I think I just got a glancing blow,

I'll be wearing shoes a lot more often around the house that's for sure.

On better news, as I mentioned I finally got the tomatos in the ground. I also noticed at least one bush bean sprouting in the pot. I'll work on more garden during the week. Tonight we head over to freidns for BBQing, we have a couple rib eye steaks we can throw on the grill, just need to stop at the store and pick up something to take for potluck.

Had a nice visit with my mom and aunt. Yesterday I grilled rib eyes, portobella mushrooms and broccoli (made a container of foil and sealed in the broccoli with a bit of butter). Picked up a Webber charcol chimney starter, worked so much better then the coffee can starter I've used. Everything came out great.

Comments