Okay, it's Tuesday

Busy weekend doing nothing much hehehehehehehe. Did the kite flying thing, got a lovely sunburn. Started on the garden expansion (I really, really wish I'd done it earlier when the ground was softer :P ), bought some bell pepper starts, finally found some sugar pea seeds (and got some from a co-worker, I'm good for sugar peas hehehehehe) and got started on the inverted pots. Hmmm, discussing the inverted pots on another list and someone mentioned using buckets for tomatos, poke a hole thru the bottom and do it that way (the person who was talking about that uses regular plant pots, may look at that too for some things).

Sunday I got more of the deck done, makes it nicer to move around. I need to finish moving a few things off to give us more room, but that won't take much to do.

Sprayed some yellow jacket nests on the deck roof last night. There are several others I need to get tonight.

Had my endo appointment yesterday, won't see him again until November. Fine with me, he isn't so pushy over RAI since I'm doing fine on the meds.

Have to decide if I'm continuing with my shrink or seeing someone else. I think I'll stick with her. The someone else is really good with social phobia problems, I'd rather stick with someone I know right now even if she isn't quite up on it. Besides, I have to contact that other person and that is scaring me to death right now.

Weather is ridiculously hot, we had the windows open all last night. We usually don't do that until July. It will get hotter over the next couple days and drop back to cooler temps by this weekend.

Had an adventure with the mead yesterday. We were out on the deck and heard a loud POP and hissing and ran into the kitchen to discover one of the gaskets ont he grolsch type bottle had been blown and I had mead being geisered to the ceiling. So we hauled the bottles into the bathroom and into the tub with cool water. About 3am one of the wine bottles exploded, taking a grolsch bottle with it :( So we'll be decanting the survivors back into a carboy to let it get less fizzy. We'll put a balloon on the airlock so we can easily see if it is still burping gas and let it sit a couple or more weeks before trying to bottle again.

Comments