Monday again, bleck

So, had a very nice weekend off. We did get to Spokane on Friday afternoon. Had a late lunch at the Slavic buffet. We'd originally were going to do Greek, but since we had a late start up and all our shopping stops were out Sprague Ave, decided Slavic instead since the restaurant was also out that way. We'll do Greek next time we are up. If anyone is in Spokane, I definately recommend having a meal at Slavytich Slavic Buffet. Eastern European comfort food and totally yummy.

Didn't spend as much money in Spokane as we could have. Managed to restrain ourselves, but we found just about everything we'd hoped to find (with the exception of a couple computer related items, hubby will probably have to order them via the net). A pretty neat thunderstorm came up while we were there, started when we went into one store and stopped by the time we came out. We should have hung out in the car longer, the weather cleared up right after :(

Scooped out the oriental market out on Sprague. That will go on our permanent shopping stop for Spokane. While we were in the restaurant we saw a sign for a new Russian market. We'll check it out next time we are up.

We did get rain here in Moscow a good chunk of the weekend, really helped cool things down a bit. Still have to finish digging my garden, tho I did get some bush bean seeds planted in the laundry basket planters I had from last year and one of the inverted pots made and currently have one of the bell peppers in. I ran out of twine for the hangers, so I had to buy more before I could finish making the rest. I'd been obsessing about getting the pots leak free, then realized they were going to be outdoor pots, so I didn't need to worry about leaks, just need to make sure they were at a minimum instead of none.

When I went out to work in my garden yesterday I saw Nicky playing with something in the driveway, so I took a closer look. He'd caught a gater snake. Needless to say, I took it away from him when I saw it was still alive. I'll post some picks of it once I run them thru photoshop. Cute little critter. I turned him loose in my compost bin where he can find shape and food. I told Nicky he had to quite catching garter snakes since they help keep my garden pest free. He just glared at me LOL Didn't like mommy taking his cool toy away. Kids!

Did some local shopping Sat and yesterday. Also scored a few things on Freecycle. Someone had had a yard sale on Sat and everything left she freecycled, so we pick up one of those wire cube shelf thingies you put together. Hubby put two of the cubes together and we topped it with the doors of the one cabinet in the kitchen and now we have a coffee table. I'll have to get pics, describing it is difficult.

We also scored a Littermaid mega litter box. Currently set up in the living room in the cubby under the cat condo. Once we know all the kitties will use it, it will go down the hallway to replace the one there. Have to rig up a cover of some sort for it as the big box we already have is used by the kitties to access the kitty window. I'll have to see if the one stool in the living room will fit over it and that may do the trick.

Did up a full batch of mead yesterday, we'd picked up another cork and airlock since the one airlock is still on the surviving batch of mead. It's still bubbling. We'll try the balloon trick (put a deflated ballon over the airlock to catch any bit of gas coming off so we have a visual. If the balloon starts inflating, it's still fermenting).

Got most of the dishes done this weekend. Still have some of the big stuff to finish. Most of the house is in pretty decent shape, just mostly clutter to gather up and do something with. Finally got several boxes of stuff stored away that had just been sitting in the bedroom. Still have to find someplace to stash 3 more boxes (the holiday stuff). I think I have room in the one closet, just gotta get the stuff piled in front of the door sorted and something done with it so I can open the closet hehehehehe.

Comments