Coming up on the weekend

It's been a long week. It's finally warmed up and looks like it should be nice for the weekend. I really need to finish getting my outside work done. The deck is almost there just need to move the one desk and then put everything away.

Need to get a hold of a friend and see if she has some lavender plants she wants to find new homes for. Js daughter said she'd heard that lavander is a natural mosquito repellant. I hadn't heard of that, but I love lavender (have several already planted) so getting more for both our places wouldn't be a bad idea anyways.

Speaking of mosquitos, the property owner has a pond in the paddock across the way and it is prime mosquito breeding grounds. He has put up sparrow boxes, but the little darlings can only eat so many mosquitos and we don't have enough bats in the area. So he's been adding some kind of poison to the pond and it hasn't been working. I hate to see what all he's poisoned, luckily it hasn't been any of the kitties. So D talked to him about stocking it with koi, carp or feeder gold fish. Any of them should do the trick eating mosquito larvae. We were considering just sneaking them in, since E seems to have an aversion to natural methods of pest control (with luck J can convince to STOP spraying our yards with poison, she has COPD and it gets bad when he sprays, not that he is very careful about spraying, he sprayed once and got close to where I was grilling dinner! Not to mention he locks up his critters, but doesn't bother to let his tenents know to lock up theirs until it's toop late GRRRRRRR). Last year he sprayed my lawn and he burned stripes into it. I have no clue what he thought he was spraying for but he was aiming at spots 6-10 feet away from where he was sitting on his little quad runner. As soon as he was out of sight I was out with my hose hosing down the lawn to try and mitigate what it was he sprayed.

Saw my therapist this morning, definately thinking about taking classes again, maybe look at a grad degree in rehabilitation counseling. Not sure if I'm up for going back to school fulltime, but the program won't be accepting new people into it again for two years, so I have time to figure this out. In the meantime I might at least take some of the pre-req classes to see if I'm up for doing school work again. If anything I should go back and retake the last class I took and flunked (I was undiagnosed Graves disease at the time and the stress of everything meant I couldn't deal with school work). I really should finish my 2nd bachlor's in anthtopology, I only have a few credits of that left.

I've got two more freebie visits with her before I either hve to start paying myself or get the health insurance to cover it.

School is winding down, we had a party for our student workers today. Pizza, pop and other goodies. Several of them are graduating and we are going to miss them.

Comments