BRRRR!

Got up this morning and closed the living room window and turned the heat on. Haven't had the heat on a several weeks, but today we needed it.

My mom and aunt made it to Moscow yesterday, they came over for dinner last night. I'd popped a roast in the crockpot with some salt, pepper, onion powder, worchestershire sauce, basalmic vinegar and some water. For sides I picked up a bag o'salad with romaine and radiccio, made some stuffing stuff and pulled out a package of summer squash from last fall out of the freezer. We did a Cyrus O'Leary's pumpkin pie for desssert. Mom is bringing chicken dinner from Winco for tonight.

I have today off, so was up puttering about. Managed to get more dishes done, a bit of kitchen floor mopped and a load of towels thru the wash. Then mom and I went over for a little shopping in Pullman and had lunch at the new Thai restaurant. YUM!!!! I had an entree called Swimming Rama, which was jasmine rice , spinach, chicken and Thai peanut sauce. Mom had a beef curry that was delish, but even made mild was a bit more spicy then I could handle.

Finally got the rest of my peppers in their inverted pots. I do need to get the rest of my herbs and such into theirs. I WILL get my tomatos in the ground this weekend, if it stops rainign long enough hehehehehehe.

Mom, my aunt and I will go up to Spokane tomorrow to hit the cemetary and leave flowers on relatives graves and we'll be doing lunch at the Davenport. We probably won't do any shopping but just drive around a bit.

Comments

Chimera said…
One of the denizens of the Cavern found another neat crock-pot "recipe."

1. Put roast in pot.

2. Empty contents of packaged dry onion soup mix on top of roast.

3. Add one can of cola or ginger ale, letting it wash the soup mix down the sides of the roast.

4. Cook per usual.

Makes a real tasty pot roast, and a wicked gravy! When I first heard what was going into the pot, I thought, "Yuck!" Changed my mind in a hurry when I tasted it, though.

Is there any way you can keep a photo log of the progress of your peppers in their inverted pots, and then post them sometime?
Anonymous said…
I keep seeing recipes using cola or soda for pot roasts, definately going to have to give it a try next time I do one.

I've been meaning to get pics of my plants in the inverted pots, just gotta get my rear in gear and grab the camera LOL. I'll be putting bush beans in inverted pots in another week or so also, they should look really great in them.