'Tis time!

The lawn is growing like crazy, so it is time to haul out the lawn mower. D from next door has volunteered to mow my lawn for me, I just need to get my lawnmowers running. I think the little one should be fine, just needs gas, I'll look at it tonight. The one I inheritied from Dad desperately needs work, it blew a gasket a couple years ago. So either it goes into the shop to get fixed, or I break out the tools and do it myself (I can feel the poor thing quaking in fear from here LOL). I can take it apart fine, I just can't guarantee it will go back together hehehehehe. So we'll probably have it properly done by an expert.

Did chicken wraps for dinner last night, wanted something easy. I have leftovers for lunch. I cut some boneless, skinless breasts into bite sized pieces, sprinkled them with a packet of ranch seasoning and then baked them. I then put some of the chicken into the large flour tortillas (have to put more on the shopping list), sprinkled them with feta and YUM!!!! Nice and easy. Next time I do them I'll add diced tomatos and avacado.

Starting to get a list of all the stuff we need to take to the CITO, radios, gloves, etc. Hubby wants to pick up that tent on Friday and take it along so we can set it up there for shelter if need be and just to check it out. If it doesn't look like it will work, we can see about returning it. I think it will be fine. I so can't wait to go camping this summer.

Weather is looking entirely too nice out. I want to go out and play :D Hopefully it stays nice this evening and maybe I can get some stuff done right after work if I'm not too tired. I've been fine in the mornings, but by mid-afternoon I am totally bagged with no energy. Not fun.

Gas prices are creeping up around here, regular is now $2.709 a gal and up. So I really need to get my butt in gear and back on the bike. With hubby having clients in Pullman and Lewiston, we need to save gas where we can and commuting to work via bike is one of the best ways, tho it may be a case of I bike in and then he gets me in the evenings for a while until I get used to it. Need to see about getting a bike rack for the Subaru. We've been looking at something that can attach to the tow hitch for his wheelchair to give us more room in the back, so something that can accomidate the chair and my bike would be good.

Comments

Gas is at $2.91 or so in Northern Virginia and climbing.

The only consolation is when I watch the Hummers go by and know how much of their beer money is going to be diverted into gas instead!