$%#^@*

Dad blast it, I've been zapping myself all day on anything remotely metal and it is getting OLD!!!!!!

I don't know why I'm extra staticy today, but it is begining to hurt. I've even tried a trick my supervisor uses, she touches her ring to the metal and that usually dissapates the static. I usually wear my wedding band on my penticle since it won't fit my ring finger anymore, so I decided to try it on my pinky. Fits nicely there and that seemed to work for a while, but the zaps are getting so big and powerful I still get zapped :(

Okay, silk shirt over a poly shell probably wasn't the wisest fashion choice, esp since it has been pretty dry humidity-wise, but it looked good. So the silk shirt is off, I'mm bare armed and we'll see what happens when I get up next. I'm strongly suspecting the shell will build up enough static from my chair I'm still going to get zapped. At least the day is almost over and I can go home. Tomorrow it will be nothing but cotton on this bod :D

Comments

Chimera said…
Oboy, do I ever sympathize...

Both silk and poly are static generating materials (silk, especially, is one of the tests for true amber and true jet). And I don't wear a lot of poly but I've got a few silk shirts that just do not work in a dry environment (which is to say, anywhere indoors with air conditioning).

I've never actualy tried it, but I wonder if trailing a static strap of some kind might not work...it would act a little like a lightning rod, and ground the charge before it grounds you.
Anonymous said…
LOL, I told hubby my problem and said "What, no cat to rub too!" LOL

He said we should get some speaker wire and make me a drag wire to tie around my ankle, kinda like the one we have attached to his wheelchair :D As much as the idea sounded good, I think it would be tripping hazard for other people hehehehehe

Today I'm wearly cotton/poly blends and so far (knock on wood) haven't built up that much static.
Chimera said…
It doesn't have to be long enough to trip over -- just long enough to touch the ground. I dunno if speaker wire would be heavy enough to stay in contact with the ground, but you could try that beaded plumber's chain that you can pick up for pennies per foot at a hardware store...

The other thing you can do is get one of those telescoping wands with a loop handle that you can wrap around your wrist (I have one that has a miniature magnet at the end -- great for picking up pins, paper clips, etc., when you're as spill-prone as I am)-- use it to touch everything and ground yourself.

And, yeah, cats tend to get really wary of you after being zapped on the nose a few times!
Anonymous said…
Have to figure something out. Luckily I've been not zapping as bad today, tho I zapped hubby when I kissed him after getting into the car at lunch LOL

I've taken to grounding my self out on the kitchen faucett at home. The catshave definately gotten smart hehehehehe.
Jennifer said…
Jean, I can't remember if I invited you to be part of the beta testing of the new Taste Everything Once discussion forums. Forgive me if I didn't! The new site is launching Monday, but a select few have been trying out the forums.

http://forums.tasteeverythingonce.com
Anonymous said…
Lol Ah man gurl Hope things get better for ya! lol.Have a great weekend!!!!
annie