The best movie of the year

and I'm never going to see it. United 93 is opening today over at the Village Cinema in Pullman. I saw Joel Segal's review of it this morning and it ripped me apart, I was crying before the end of the review. I'm not talking a few weepy tears, I'm talking gut wrenching, snot running sobs. The question asked, is it too soon for a movie like this. The answer for me is, yes. Then again, for me 50 years from now would be too soon for me. When I first heard of the movie being made, I was seriously pissed. How dare Hollywood try and make a movie out of it, I've seen the abominations they make of real life happenings and they ALWAYS manage to sully the memories of the people and events. Not this time, everything I've read and seen on the movie shows the director and people involved thought about it and wanted to make it the best they could. There are no big name actors or stars and there are real people who were there (Goddess, how they could relive that I'll never know).

Dear Mr Greengrass, if you are ever in my neck of the woods, I'd like to buy you a beer.

It's Friday, tomorrow we do Beltaine and hopefully Sunday I can finally get out and do some outside work. It's supposed to be pretty nice this weekend.

Forgot my coffee this morning, my cup is sitting on the buffet at home. Hubby will get to enjoy it. I did get some cash, so I'll either just grab a cup of coffee upstairs or wander over to the Commons and get something from the coffee court. I'm leaning in that direction, I haven't had a chai in a while and that is sounding really, really good.

Lunch is leftovers, I did a cross rib roast last night with some chicken falvored stuffing stuff. Very yummy. I still have a bit of roast left, I may do a fritatta this weekend with it.

Comments

Wally Banners said…
soon Iran will glow in the dark and all will be well :)
Thao said…
When I heard ads for the movie, I started crying. I don't know that I could watch it either.