YAY!!

I've got Thursday and Friday off, so I'll be using comp time for that. Fingers crossed the weather will be nice. It should be warmer at least, in the mid 50s.

A co-worker brought me a bunch of empty 2 liter bottles, I'm going to start making some of those upside down planters. Gotta get ready for planting season :D

The hambuger and hot dog buns came out fine, tho I manage to burn the top of the whole wheat sandwich bread :P My mind apparently wandered when I was setting the temp and set it for 450F instead of 400F, so the top got scorched. It wasn't bad enough to toss it to the birds outside, just need to trim the top crust off when I make sandwiches. Which I am doing today for lunch. I'll have my usual toasted cheese sandwiches when I don't have any leftovers from dinner, tho this time I'll be fancying them up a bit. After they toast and the cheese melts and before I slap the two sides together, I'll layer on some sliced roma tomato and avacado. YUM!!!!

Dinner last night was chili cheese hamburger helper since I didn't feel like being creative, tho I used some of the seasoned hamburger patties I made. Added extra cheese after it was cooked and it tasted good. I'll probably do burgers and fires tonight, tho I did pull the apple smoked pork loin out to thaw. I think that I'll have hubby start tomorrow in the 4 qt slow cooker for dinner.

Sunny out today, tho it was very chilly with the wind this morning.

Comments

Chimera said…
When you first posted about the inverted garden, I followed some of the links on the article. I found a suggestion to use some kind of caulking compound instead of hot glue to join the cut edges back together -- caulking would not have the tendence to heat-shrink the plastic.

Post pics when you've got it done...
Anonymous said…
I'll have to keep that in mind. Not sure what kind of caulking we have, I have enough bottles right now I figure I'll be sacrificing a few before i get it all figured out. I do know we have some bathroom Loctite, not sure if hubby would want me using that tho hehehehehehe I do know I will be making rope haners for them, I don't think the punched holes and line will be stong enough to hold them without ripping thru the plastic.
Chimera said…
This is a quote from the forum:

"I used hot glue to reattach the bottom because that is what I had available at the time I constructed my inverted planters. I think a good alternative would be to use a silicone based caulk. Doing so would allow you to avoid layer upon layer of hot glue and its tendancy to shrink and warp the plastic. If anyone else out there has other suggestions I would love to hear them."

Silicone-based caulking. Shows how much I know. I had to go look it up to find out what it is/does. Guess you can tell how "handy" I am around the place, eh?

I had also been thinking about macrame hangers, rather than punching holes in the plastic and expecting it not to tear...
JeanC said…
Silicone huh, I think the lictite is silicone, Let me check.....nope, acrylic. Oh me, oh my, I will be forced to go to TriState, my favorite toy store in the area to shop for silicone caulking LOL

As if I need an excuse to go wander thru there, I need to go check out there baking stuff anyways to see if they have the hot dog bun baking pans.