PUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

The Chocolate Rit was wonderful. Lots of partaking of Chocolate and praising of the Chocolate Goddess and God. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Because several members are lactose intolerant, instead of YooHoo, we went with Chocolate Silk, a totally to die for soy milk. I'm one of those weird people who have no problems switching between regular milk and soy with no problems, since I never try to pretend that soy milk is a milk replacement. I happen to like it for itself.

I'll also confess I like carob, my mom had gone on an anti-chocolate kick when I was in high school, becasue chocolate was evil that was full of sugar, so she would only allow me carob candy bars LOL. Now, no matter what anyone tries to say, carob is no where NEAR anything like chocolate. Like soy milk I like carob for itself and once in a while, I want a nice yummy carob mint bar and will hit the Coop and pick up a few.

So after enjoying chocolate and good company, we decided to hit Winco and do some grocery shopping. With the exception of a few Moscow Mardi Gras revellers (yes I know Fat Tuesday was last Tuesday, but the Lionel Hamptom Jazz Fest was week before last and Moscow needed a break betwen the two), shopping was so nice late at night (I think I've mentioned that before). Picked up a 5 doz container of eggs, a couple packages of bacon ends (they were on sale), some bulk whole wheat bread flour, more powdered milk, nutella, white vinegar, a bar of fels naptha (I'm making laundry soap sometime today) and a few other odds and sods. One package of bacon I cut in half and then vac sealed and tossed in the freezer.

I'm going to use some of the eggs and bacon to make breakfast burritos to freeze. I'll fry up the bacon, crumble it, pop it, some shredded cheese and some of the eggs that I've scrambled into a baking dish and bake. I then cut the egg mix into bars, wrap in flour tortillas and freeze.

I baked two loaves of bread yesterday. One a plain sour dough and the other was a whole wheat sour dough. I baked them in loaf pans. The plain I left here, the whole wheat I took to circle for the potluck portion. Yum. The whole wheat was a hit with those who could eat wheat. One member told me if I wanted, he'd buy me some ingredients and let me bake him some bread. I think I'll just bake him some as a gift.

Today we were going to go geocaching, but the weather is getting icky and cold again. Yesterday was vey nice, but we were doing house and kitchen work, along with cleaning out the car. Oh well, maybe next weekend. We are looking at hitting Shopko for some more shopping, they are havin a sale and they have the Sterlite drawers and bins on sale and I need some for the pantry.

Comments