OW! OW! PAIN! OW!!!

Okay, it took me a while, but I have some broccoli, spinach, lettuce blend and corn salad planted. I also dug up that strip and I now have a goodly sized pile of turf and soil on the empty half of my compost bin. Most of the pile on the other side went on the garden space and the rest will get moved over, later.

I do have a very happy garden, every turn of the shovel showed tons of happy, fat worms. I also had a ton of happy fat worms in the compost pile. I swear there was one that was about as thick as a cuban cigar! I MUST be doing something right hehehehehe Now, if I can get some red wigglers I can add them to my porch compost bin and finally get a worm bin going. I am getting some pretty good compost out of it as is tho. At some point I gotta figure out how I'm going to get it to the garden space, it weighs a ton.

The pizza dough came out fine, it's resting and rising more in the oven. When hubby finally comes home it won't take long to throw it all together.

Comments

Lucy said…
Of course you have lively soil, you feed it with compost.
can't go wrong using organic methods in the garden.