Monday :P

Stayed up way too late last night, needless to say, I'm too darned tired today. The weather being rainy and ick isn't helping matters much.

Finally got a couple loaves of white bread baked last night, part of the reason for being up late, that and having slept into almost 11 am or so yesterday. Never did get my laundry soap made, will have to do that tonight since I need to get some laundry done tomorrow.

The breakfast burritos came out nicely, tho I think next time I'll make the slices of egg stuff a bit thinner, some were a little thick and were hard to roll up, but they froze fine and reheated fine, so hubby has breakfasts for a week. Pulled a marinated pork loin out this morning to thaw in the fridge for dinner tonight. Lunch today was chili my neighbor made. He'd brought me some yesterday, along with some corn bread. Made a very yummy lunch with some cheese sprinkled in. It was just the right level of heat and spice for me.

Had a nice note in my email from Nina Killham, the author of "How to Cook a Tart", the book I mentioned last week in a post. What a neat way to start the day :)

I haven't decided what to use from the book for the luncheon. The venison stew is right out (no venison), any of the seafood dishes mentioned I can't do (I really, really hate developing a shellfish allergy), I may try whipping up either the raspberry chocolate brownies, the double chocolate brownines or possibly the lemon bars mentioned in the book, but so many other people tend to bring desserts. I think I shall see about channeling Jasmine (the main charactor of the book) and look at a nice decandant, rich stew, something slow cooked with layers of flavor and then see about a loaf or two of fresh baked bread to go with it. I've been looking at beef bourguignon recipes. We'll see, I may do a couple things inspired from the book.

Nicky spent all day yesterday limping again. He was fine today and when the neighbor was over yesterday, he didn't limp. I think he's decided to try being a drama queen for the extra attention, as if he doesn't get lots of it already. Back fired on him, we wouldn't let him out yesterday hehehehehe.

We did get some storage solutions yesterday. We practically wiped the dolalr store out of their Sterlite shoeboxes. We left one, only because it didn't have a lid. hubby will use those in his office to sort and store little odds and sods. Over at Shopko we picked up a couple 3 drawer Sterlite cabinets, they were on sale for $11.89, down from $17. They are on casters, which is good because if I center them in the pantry, I can't open the drawers as they hit the door jam, but on the casters I can slide them side to side and open them that way. So I have all my noodle stuff, some peas, lentils and beans and such all in drawers, I have one whole drawer of Ramen for hubby (tho I have to find some place to store the rest of the ramen, we'd bought 3 24 count flats of it) and one drawer I lined with newspaper and put the potatos in that one. I got most of the pantry organized, except for the spice shelf. I can even close the door now LOL

Picked up a nice twin pack of Pyrex baking dishes. They had a set of blue, one was a 9X13", which is what I wanted and the other is smaller, 7X11". I had gotten a 9X13" as a wedding present, that came with my 8X8" dish, but I managed to break it.

Comments