I hearby declare it a full blown pink flamingo day :P



Had a heck of a time waking up, tho taking a couple acetominphen PMs about 11:30 last night may have had something to do with it, but I've been BLECH all morning, so out came the pink flamingo undies, necklace and earrings.

The pork roast for dinner was totally yummy, still have half of it for dinner either tonight or later in the week. I'd used the electric knife to slice it thin and hubby did sandwiches with it. I had pulled out some cheesy mashed potatos from the freezer and those tasted good witht he pork. Was half tempted to use the pork for lunch this week, but I'll hold off.

Processed the hamburger into patties. Seasoned them with the Johnny's garlic ceasar, Johnny's seasoned salt, onion powder and worchestershire sauce. The KA mixer is really making it easier to mix everything up. So I now have a couple big ziplocks of hamburger patties in the freezer. I need to make another loaf of bread, I'm thinking of maybe doing a double batch and use half to make hamburger buns for a little later this week.

Used the ulu knife (see pic below, this is the one we bought) to cut down the chuck roast, WHOAA!!!! Sweet! It made short work of slicing thru. It has a little stand, so I can keep it out where it is easy to grab to use. It will come in really handy if and when I finally get my deer/elk to field dress and skin it if I want.




Haven't watched the race from yesterday yet, so am doing my best to avoid any sports news. We also stopped of at Howard Hughes video and rented Chronicles of Riddick, A Mighty Wind and got The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury since they had a rent two get one free on weekends deal :) Between the vids and what we have recorded onthe PVR over the last few days, we have LOTS to watch this week.

It's spring break this week, so it is nice and quiet on campus. Mostly sunny today, weather folk say it's the last sunny day for a few. I can live without sunny for a few days if it would just warm up more, I'm getting tired of cold.

Comments

Chimera said…
When you said you had bought the ulu, I was wondering if you'd actually get around to using it. I see that you did. Makes me think maybe I should re-think getting one (I've been waffling for a couple of years).

It looks like stainless steel, though -- high carbon? Does it hold an edge, or can it be honed? This is really important to me, as I refuse to work with dull knives -- they are dangerous!
JeanC said…
Not sure exactly the content of the steel, it is stainless. The packaging says it will hold an edge and can be sharpend just like any knife, tho I will probably have it done by a pro, unless hubby pratcies more with his Lansky sharpening kit.

I can't wait to try it out on other things :D
Maritza said…
Roast pork loin! That's a Sunday favorite around here but made Cuban style. Marinate your pork in a paste of olive oil (just to hold the next ingredients together) mashed garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt, pepper, mash some more garlic. Slather it around and roast away. The best part? The next day, take the leftover pork, a crusty Italian or French bread, swiss cheese, yellow mustard, ham and thin sliced pickles, bake until cheese is melted or stick it on a G. Foreman grill and press it. Yummmmmm!!!
Love your blog!
JeanC said…
maritza, that recipe sounds YUM! I'll have to give it a try next time I pull a plain loin out. I buy them from Costco as whole loins and cut them up, makes for 4 meals with leftovers (I hope LOL) and am laways on the lookout for other yummy ways to cook them :)