Hump Day and my Friday!!!!

I'm so looking forward to the extra days off, even if half of tomorrow is dealing with my doc and the mental health person. I'm just hoping the threat of rain will hold off a few more days so I can get started on my garden. I really, really, really need to get out and get my hands in the dirt. Help to lift my mood some.

I was looking thru my seeds and I have plenty of brocolli, salad green, corn salad, spinach and some sugar pea seeds to get me started. I do have some tomato seeds, I might look at starting some of those, tho I still plan on just buying the seedlings. I have a packet of peppers, not sure what kind, they are kinda shaped like hearts. My aunt got them thru a fundraiser at the hopsital she worked at (thy were raising money for women's heart health). I think they would look cool in the unside down planters if I can get to grow this year. Didn't have too much luck getting them to sprout last year.

Hubby invited B over for dinner last night. I was a tiny bit miffed, wasn't expecting company, but I had plenty planned and we hit Safeway to pick up some bagged salad. Pulled the last of my sugar peas from last summer out of the freezer and served them with the pork loin, saffron rice and salad. I mixed in some plain yogurt to the pork drippings to make a gravy. Very yummy.

Added my daily comics reading to my Blogger side bar. I have a couple more, but I gotta find the links that anyone can get to them (I read them thru my My Yahoo acount), then I'll add them later.

Checked out a neat book, it's a vegetarian cookbook called "The Passionate Vegetarian" by Crescent Dragonwagon. It isn't quite your normal cookbook, there is a lot more in it then just recipes. I love her name and the story she tells on her website about how she got it is funny. The things you do when you are young, idealistic and not thinking about the future hehehehe. There are tons of yummy recipes in there I can't wait to try.

Comments