Hump Day

Eventually I'll get back to blogging a bit more regular. Still thinking about doing a cooking blog.

Ran into a great deal on boneless, skinless chicken breasts at Winco last night, I'm hoping they keep the deal on for a little while yet, I want to pick up more. They have them on for $1.48 a pound, limit 4 packages per trip. They are fresh, so I could stock up and brine them before freezing. In fact, I'll be doing just that with what I have left of the two packages we bought last night. We only used 3 halves last night for dinner. I butterflied them to make them thinner, sprinkled a bit of sesame oil onto them and then lightly sprinkled fajita seasoning on them and baked. Since they were cut thin, they didn't take that long to cook and then I put them between bread, spinkled with mozzarella and we had fajita chicken sandwiches for dinner last night.

I made a plain salt brine, I was going to brine them last night, but by the time I go back over from the neighbor's, it was late and I only want to brine them for a little over 3 hours. Overnight would have been too long. I'll vac seal and freeze them plain.

Staff evaluations this week, I think I'll slit my throat before then. I HATE HATE HATE evaluations. I always feel like I'm going before the inquisition, even when I know it will be good (this year I don't think it will be so good :P ). I still have to finish the "self evaluation". ICK!

Lottery is in the 3 figures, may look at buying tickets again. I could stand a very early retirement .

Have to get serious about learning CSS, not sure if I'd mentioned it before, I have a friend who is willing to pay me (not much, but every little bit helps) real money to do a site for her. If I can get fairly good at it, if hubby has any clients who want webpages done we can do it thru his business.

Rum Tum is really enjoying his outside time. Was talking to the neighbors and he's been playing with Nikcy's brothers, Angel and Tuffy. This is a good thing, I was a little afraid they gang up and pound Rum Tum into the ground. Angel is getting downright friendly, he didn't even look like he was going to run away when we came out of the house this morning. Normally the minute we think of even opening the door he's off the porch and racing for home. I may yet get him to come in and visit inside.

Comments