Yawn

A cold, wet, dreary day today. Didn't want to do much, but managed to get a load of laundry done, measured out the 2X4s and the hallway and realized I'm going to HAVE to cut some of them down. I was hoping I could use the longest ones as is, but they are 12 feet long and that would put the shelves well into the living room and that won't work. So I'll probably cut them down, tho I have lots of 8 foot lengths I can go with. I'm thinking I have 6 12 footers I can cut down to 10 feet and then go from there.

Christmas day was nice and quiet. Made blueberry muffins, got the mix from Winco's bulk section and then got frozen blueberrys to have real ones in them. B came over from next door and brought the fixin's for crab cream cheese omlets. She put a little bit in my omlet and it was delish. I didn't have an allergic reation that I could tell, so I was a happy camper.

Thawed the ham and popped it in the oven. Watched my DVD of Scrooge with Alistair Sim. It's my favorite version of the story. Went over to Bs and watched Hero with Jet Li. GREAT movie, we'll be getting the pro copy when we can. Had dinner over there. Popped back and forth between there and here to keep and eye on the ham.

When the ham was finally ready I pulled it out to rest and popped the apple butter pumpkin pie into the oven to bake and then sliced the ham up. I now have 2 hame bones in the freezer. Will pick up some split peas later this week and do up a pot of soup.

Rum Tum got to go outside today for a little while. I figured since I was going to be out on the deck, I could keep an eye on him. He's not too sure about outside, but he wants to go out again. I'll let him have more outside time tomorrow.

Went to Ross last night to use the gift cards we got. Picked up a couple decanter/glasses sets and a few other things. Got a neat new hat LOL Hubby kept pointing out shoes, I prefer to collect hats hehehehehehehe.

Time to surf and have some tea. Been watching episodes of Seaquest DSV they've been showing on SciFi channel and been generally zoning out tonight.

Comments