SPARKLIES!!!!!!!

Drove up to Potlatch and bought a tree from the Boy Scouts there. What they do is get tags from the orest Circus for $3-$4 each tree and cut down trees in the woods and then sell them for $8 a tree. So I got the biggest one I could get, I'll post the pic later. Got it home, cut a bunch off the bottom, brought it in and cut some off the top (I did this once before, but then the size of the tree was a total surprise, it looked so much shorter next to that 125' pnderosa pine hehehehehehe), but I looked at the tree and got ideas. So the bottom I cut off will get trimmed and I'll share the boughs with my neighbor B and we'll both have lots of greenery to decorate with.

So got the tree up, the cats are being very good. I did have to move some furniture and move their condo around so their porches are facing into the room. Lights up, some decortions up, candy canes strewn about it, the bead garland up, the small garland up and a couple strands of thicker garland that I usually use elsewhere. I would love to put my tinsil up, if the kitties continue to behave themselves around the I made add some. We'll see. I may still hit the dollar store from some plastic ball ornaments, as all the ones I have are glass and this year nothing breakable goes on the tree. Still need to tie off the tree to the wall as soon as I lay my hands on the fishing line.

Picked up some holiday music a the library, snagged it before it went back via courier to NIC. It wouldn't be going up until Monday late anyways, so I checked it out. So for decorating the tree I was playing A Charlie Brown Christmas, earlier this morning I had on the Big Bad Daddy Voodoo's "Everything You Want for Christmas" (which I seriously recommend everyone to run, not walk to their nearest music store, preferably independent music store and get this album. It is FANTASTIC! Even hubby loves it), right now I have on an album with Tony Bennett, the Bech Boys, Bing Crosby, Peggy Lee and several others with jazzy holiday tunes. A little later I'll put on America, two of the members of that band have a holiday album.

Still have some more lights to put up in the living room and the last bit of garland. I'll do that over the mirror behind the couch. Lots of sparklies inthe house :D

Comments