Of course! It's Sunday!

Crawled out of bed this morning, walked intot he kitchen, grabbed the carafe for the coffee maker and put it under the faucett. Turned on said faucett. Nothing. Turned the handle to hot. Nothing. Walked down to the bathroom, tried the sink there. Nothing. Same with the bathtub. Seems sometime in the night the pipes froze.

Checked with our uphill neighbors, they have water. So we have a friend over who is capable of crawling under the trailer, figured out we did have heat tape on the pipes, but it wasn't plugged in. We haven't needed to use it in the 10 years we've lived here. We talked to the property owner and he does remember the pipes freezing in this trailer years ago. So we are hoping the heat tape will work. We had a trickle start in the bathtub, so fingers crossed. We cranked the heat to 75F and fired up the Dragon and have it down the end outside the bathroom.

Good news for today, hubby got my oven fixed again. Again it was the connector for the bottom element, the wire broke. So hubby got in and fixed it and I have a ham happily baking away.

Did Solstice Circle last night. It was nice. We went short and sweet and feasted before and after. Didn't head home until after 10pm.

Decided to hit the grocery store on the way home as we didn't want to go out today. Picked up the ham, a 15# bag of potatos, several pounds of yellow onions, bulk whole wheat bread flour, whole wheat flour, 5 dozen medium eggs, bulk paprika, granulated garlic, powdered milk, cocoa, seasoned salt, some sliced cheese and soda. I like getting a lot of stuff bulk, much cheaper and I can get as little or as much as I need.

I have most of the onions in the crockpot, I sliced the ends, peeled them and put them in whole with some olive oil. I'll be cooking them on low heat for the day and they will cook down and carmelize. I'll freeze them in potions for using in recipes and on pizza.

Made french toast this morning, reminds me, I need to finish packaging the extra I froze for hubby's breakfasts this week.

Comments