Tuesday ketchup

So we go up to Spokane for my endo appointment, drove up via Coeur d'Alene and gassed up there. Most stations were $2.0899 a gallon. Needless to say, we also filled up the gas can. It was a very nice day for a drive, tho a tad chilly for running around without a coat. Hit the Zip's at the outlet mall to grab a quick lunch and drove thru the outlet mall. Most of the stores were empty and the Full Figured Fashion store was gone. I've gotten lots of good clothes there for a decent price over the years. I'm going to miss them. Yup, the economy is going gang busters, so much so no one can afford to shop the outlet malls on a regular enough basis to keep them going :P

Found the Asian Market in Spokane. Really had to restrain myself. I picked up 2 different kinds of rice noodles (wide regular style and some triangle shaped ones), I've been kicking myself since we left, I REALLY should have picked up the corkscrew rice noodles to. I also got a jar of pad thai sauce and a bottle of ready made pad thai sauce. They didn't have tom ka guy paste, so I picked up a bottle of tom yum instead. I'm seriously hoping to get back up there more often, they also carried Indian and some Mexican.

Went to my endos, checked in and the gal said they showed my appointment was today (11/15!). Hubby pipes up "They called on Friday and confirmed for Monday!". So some screw up happened. I told her we drove all the way up from Moscow and she was able to squeeze me in. Appointment went better then I'd hoped, but I'm really not impressed. I don't think he writes down in his notes that I don't want RAI as he mentioned it AGAIN as a treatment option. SIGH!!!!! While I'm not doing as well on the methimazole as I'd like (I really, really, really wish I could go back on PTU), he's going to keep me on it for the time being, possibly upping my dosage a bit. Fine with me. Blood tests every two months and I don't have to see him again until May. TIme enough to get my regular doc to find out who the top thyroid surgeons in Spokane are and contact them directly to get my questions answered RE: thyroid surgery and sleep apnea.

We were going to go to Golden Corral for dinner, but yesterday was Military Appreciation day with the restaurant chain (current military, vets, National Guard eat free) and the line was across the parking lot. So we went to Old Country Buffet instead. I wish we could have done Outback Steakhouse, for a change we were there when dinner would have been nice, but that was WAY out of our budget for the nonce.

I was a good girl, I didn't shoot any of the idiot drivers up there. What is it with Spokanites and cell phones. Bad enough they like to run the red light, but they are doing it with their cells glued to their ears. We were stopped at one light and hubby was commenting that every other car of the turning traffic had cells attached to their heads. I looked and noticed it was more like EVERY ONE!

If you haven't gone and see it, run, don't walk to your nearest theatre showing Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. It is funny, funny, funny. They don't make movies like this much anymore.

Speaking of movies, Hary Potter and the Goblet of Fire is opening at my favorite theatre. They are preselling and having a special midnight showing, tho I'm not sure if I'll go as yet. I still have enough coupons to get one of us in on a matinée. I have all next week off, I might take myself to see if, if hubby doesn't want to go.

The kneader for my bread machine arrived yesterday, so I'll see about giving it a quick test tonight. It has an Express Bake setting, so can get a loaf of bread in an hour. It would go nicely with the lemon chicken I'm pulled out for dinner.

Comments