The Thanksgiving Adventure is over.....

So the rest of the week should be smooth sailing :) Last year it was the oven craping out while trying to cook the bird, ysterday it was driving down to Lewiston to get my mom at 10:00 at night in the nasty fog. She was supposed to arrive at the Moscow-Pullman Airport at 3:15, rent her car, get to the hotel and call. We were a little late running errands and got home and no message on the machine. We wait a bit, hubby calls around, finally gets a hold of Horizon and they say the plane tired to land in here, but couldn't and it was on it's way back to Seattle. But they couldn't say if my mom was still on board.

My thought, THEY LOST MY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, breath, Horizon is a good airlines and they lose luggage at the most, not people. Mom finally calls and says she is in Seattle. She was regretting no getting off the plane in Lewiston when she had the chance, but the pilot thought they might be able to land in Moscow, tho the condistions were a bit marginal. They tried landing several times and coulndn't. Okay, this is where Horizon drives me nuts. Instead of landing either at Lewiston, which is closest, or diverting to Spokane, which is a MUCH bigger airport and I've landed there when you coulnd't see you nose in front of your face (okay, a bit of an exageration, but still), they fly all the way back to the other side of the state to Seattle :P They did that to hubby the last time he flew (and I havn't been able to get him back on a plane since). They could have easily landed in Spokane and I could have driven up and got him no problem. As it was, a friend from Portland drove to Seattle, picked him up and drove him here (as I said, that was the last time he flew).

So anyways, mom calls and says she's flying back into Lewiston later. We tell her we'll come get her. She calls back later and says Hertz will honor her rental reservation thru the Lewiston airport and she'll drive up. A bit later she calls and asks what the weather is like and hubby says foggy, we'll come get her. She says there is a shuttle for $20 and we tell her no, we'll come get you. I'M not trusting my mom to a shuttle driver. So we head down. The fog wasn't real bad until we got close to the grade and then it was "where's the fog line?" We dropped out of the fog halfway down and could see clear across the valley no problems. Her flight landed a bit late, so we were able to get there before her. So we picked up my mom safe and sound and also gave another lady my mom had met on her little adventure yesterday on a lift. If we'd had more room in the car, we could have squeezed in one more person, but 4 adults was pushing it already. Got the lady dropped off at her kids house and my mom at her hotel and finally crashed about 2:30 this morning.

The rest of yesterday went fine. The potatos I had in the pantry weren't as far gone as I thought they would be, so I sorted out the few that weren't usable and the rest I turned into mashed potatos for the freezer. I made cheesey, garlic and plain. I tried a regulr loaf of whole wheat bread inthe machine and found the display was only half working. My booklet has the time table of hwat happens when, so I can figure out what is happening by keeping an eye on the minute half, the hour half stays blank. So it is just a matter of more experimenting with it.

Today is making pies, more mashed potatos (I'm fancying them up for t-day with cream cheese, and getting the yams cooked up and cooled down enough to be peeled and then made into candied yams. And visiting with my mom:D

Comments