SNOW!!!!!!

We had the first significant snowfall of the season, I think a whole inch or so :D Just enough for the idiots to forget how to drive in it, but we made it thru town this morning with no problems.

Tried an experiement last night, I did a loaf of whole wheat bread using the recipe in the Oster booklet, but I used the dough cycle and then made rolls out of it. Very yummy and made a wonderful addition to my chicken soup I brought for lunch. As I was kneading and rolling it out to cut I realized I could make a couple small loaves using the same technique and possibly freeze them for later baking. So I think I will soon have a freezer full of bread and rolls along with the pizza doughs. I'm also going to make some sourdough starter as we really like the Safeway Artisan breads and I think I can make those myself using the bread machine on the dough setting.

Dinner last night was a toss together. I thawed a package of stuffing and tossed it in a casserole dish to bake in the oven and then I made a couple packets of Western Family brand alfredo sauce and chopped some turkey into that and served it over the stuffing. Was very yummy. I'll have to try it sometime with homemade alfredo sauce.

Dinner tonight was going to be peanut sate chicken, but there is a meeting of the No Super Walmart group at the Unitarian Church tonight, so I'll go to that while hubby is over working on a client's computer. I've already signed up for the list serve and have the No Moscow Supercenter blog bookmarked.

We still may do the chicken tonight, but I think we'll be doing more turkey leftovers as those will be quicker. We'll see, I still have peanut sauce so I may use that with the turkey and I can serve that all over rice noodles.

Scored a stainless steel kitchen sink thru Freecycle :D The people had it for 24 years and then replaced it with a different one. It's still in pretty good shape, most importantly is isn't avacado green LOL It is currently in the shed until I can get around to replacing the old one with it. I'm thinking over Yule break, I have a week off and I'm thinking of adding a couple more days on top of that. With the exception of the bathroom sink, which we spray painted hunter green, the kitchen sink is the last avacado green fixture inthe house. It will be so nice to get rid of it. I'll probably freecycle it for anyone wanting to go 70s retro in their kitchen.

Comments