SCORE!!!

It's been a good Freecycle weekend for us. Hubby got a coffee maker that we'll use for coven and other get togethers and I scored an Oster bread machine and a queen sized futon with frame. The bread maker lacked a kneader and I'd found on online for $7.99 and $4.95 shipping. The cost on the Oster site was $12.95 plus shipping, so we went with the better deal. So when the kneader arrives, I can give my neighbor back her machine. The new one does bigger loafs and I can't wait to try it.

The futon was disassembled when we picked it up, so hubby and I had an interesting time figuring out how it went back together. We finally got it figured out. Okay, we had to lose two book shelves and we'll have to move the hideabed closer to one wall to get thru from the hallway just so we could find a place to put it, but having the extra seating in the living room will be nice. Since we freecycled the rocker, we only had an office rolly chair for guests and then only for one guest LOL Managed to pack all the books into the entertainment center. One bookshelf we'll canabalize for the wood, the other we'll store and use it elsewhere (once we figure out where we have room elsewhere).

Only problem with losing the two shelves, all the stuff on top are now scattered across the alter and on the bar in the kitchen. I'm going to make a Crone's corner on the alter using the cackling witch we'd gotten at the cash and carry, but where I'm going to put the pink flamingo neon light I don't know. Figure something out. I REALLY have no clue where the palm tree and parrot will live.

Pulled some turkey and stock from last thanksgiving out of the deep freeze and I'm making turkey and dumplings for dinner tonight. It will make good leftovers to take for lunch this week.

Discovered it pays to clean out the car more often. Found an unopend letter from my aunt she'd sent after her visit in June. She'd sent some gift certificates for the theatre we like to go to. Teach us to stash the mail and not look at it LOL Luckily there isn't an expiry date on them, so we'll use them next weekend to go see Wallace & Gromit (fingers crossed it's still playing then).

Dinner last night was chicken nuggets. Came up with a nice blend of whole wheat bread flour and all purpose flour with baking powder, a bit of salt and water. Nice and crunchy with a nice flavor.

Neighbor came over today and we made a batch of keister sauce. She took some with her and we've two jars in the fridge. It will be enough to get us thru turkey day. I think we should do up more later to give as Yule gifts. I've a few pretty pint mason jars and the holiday lids aren't too pricy.

Comments