I'm wishing for another week or so, I like vacations

I had a nice relaxing week off, even with turkey day (and the Great Gravy Explosion) in there. The turkey carcass is in the freezer, that will get stocked next weekend. Right now I have some chicken stock cooling off and a pot of chicken soup with the rest of that stock and the leftover chicken and veg from the chicken earlier this week.

Attempted turkey croquettes for dinner, or at least my version of them. I took some dressing, chopped up turkey and then tossed in 3 beaten eggs and made patties. I oven fried them and served them with keister sauce. I needed more egg or some sort of liquid, they didn't hold together to well, but they were very tasty.

Went over to our one neighbor, she's got the 1st season of the Muppet Show on DVD and so we watched a couple hours of that. I really miss that show, the DVDs are going on our wish list.

Baked up more banana nut muffins. I had the batter in the freezer and they turned out pretty well, even tho that was the batter I'd goofed on and added the baking powder before I froze it. I'll make more batter in the next month for more, they make a nice breakfast for hubby.

Finally got the 2X4s off the ground and on the porch to dry. Will definately have to start figuring out the shelves we are going to build with them. Of course I need to figure out how to re-arrange the living room t get the Yule tree in. Found a nice tree stand, not quite the one we wanted, but it was half the cost (we wanted the kind you use the pedals to straighten the tree once it is in the base) and will do nicely as it has a nice broad base and holds a gallon of water. We'll get the tree from the boy scouts up in Potlatch as soon as they open their lot. They usually have very nice Charlie Brown christmas trees. I'll start decorating the rest of the house this week (and if I don't put something put tonight, hubby is going to get worried LOL). With the kitten, I'm going to have to go slow and think carefully where things are going to go. I strongly think ANYTHING that is remotely breakable is going to stay wrapped and in the box this year.

Speaking of the kitten, so far Rum Tum seems to have no problems regarding water. He plays with the spray from the shower head when I put it near him when he sits on the edge of the tub, in fact I was in the shower yesterday and he was sitting o the shower stool behind me, so I put the shower head over him and soaked his tail. He didn't blink LOL. Going to put some water in the tub, enough to have a couple inches at the one end and see what Rum Tum does. It would be neat ot have a kitty who likes water, my mom and dad had a cat named Sylvester who LOVED water so much they had to keep the door closed when they ran a bath and they took him to the lake where he loved to swim. We are also going to work on getting him harnassed trained so we can travel with him easily.

Comments