Thursday

Too brain dead to think of a clever title :P

Sunny today, fairly nice out, tho the weather people are showing rain for the next several days. We've never had it rain on rit, tho it has gotten pretty close, so we should be okay for Saturday. It has been too windy to have the bon fire, so we've had to go to plan B and have a small fire in a cut down barrel a couple of times.

Dinner tonight is the pizza dough experiement. I pulled a couple of the dough balls out of the freezer last night to thaw. I had hubby pull them out of the fridge a little while ago to put on a cookie sheet and put in the oven to rise. I figured the oven was the best place since I want the dough out of any draughts that may be drifting thru the house. I'll defrost a couple chicken thighs when I get home, cut them up and cook them, then stretch the dough into pizza shapes and top them with the chicken, some italian spices, olive oil and cheese (it will be medium chedder which is all I have, tho I might go with feta since a white cheese would be better) and toss them in the oven to bake. If it works I am going to invest in a pizza stone (tho I may go with Alton Brown's suggestion of using lead-free paving tiles, they are much cheaper) and start making more pizza dough for the freezer.

I was looking at the kitten last night and a few names came to me, the first was Rocky (as in Raccoon, he has a couple stripes around his eyes that look like a mask), Bandit (from the mask and the fact kitten loves to hide around corners and then leap out at you) and the other is Bear. I'm leaning towards Bear, so will try it out on him for a couple of days to see if he likes it. Hubby was talking to our neighbor, she has Nicky's mom and she said it was a month after getting her before they figured out her name.

Comments