Ross Dress for Less....evil, evil place!

Actually it isn't evil, just can't seem to go in for one item and come out with just the one item LOL (Okay, did it ONCE. Went in for a raincoat we'd spotted earlier and made it out of the store with just the raincoat). We were at the mall last night after work as hubby needed to take his watch into one of the jewlery stores to have them open it up so the battery could be replaced. Last time he did it himself and ended up having to buy a new watch. Not only did the guy at the store get the back off successfully and the battery replaced, he didn't charge hubby. They now have our business. They have nice stuff, so for prezzies for mom and my aunt, we'll shop there.

Since we were at the mall, we decided to check Ross for some small ramekins for making flans and custards in (and use for serving dishes sauces and such). Not only did we find a set of 4 ramekins, I got a 9"X13" silicone baking mat, a silicone basting brush (good for up to 600F) and 2 nice bottles with corks for putting my oils for cooking in AND got it all for less the $20. Afterwards we hit the dollar store and picked up some more corned beef hash, rubber gloves for washing dishes (I figure if I'm going to be painting my nails on a regular basis, I might as well protect my investment heheheheh), a salt and pepper shaker set where the pepper shaker is a pepper grinder, a few other odds and sods and a witch's hat. I think for Samhain I'm dressing up as Nanny Ogg :D I like her a bit better then Granny Weatherwax, tho Granny tends to have more sense. But I'm built more like Nanny and I like my alcoholic beverages as much as she does hehehehehehehe. Besides, the hedghog song is funny hehehe

Popped into Safeway since we were in the area and picked up the fixin's for floats. Chocolate ice cream and root beer. Get some pretty good belches from chocolate and root beer. Picked up a bottle of Trader Vic's Mai Tai mix. Followed the recipe for a virgin Mai Tai, very, very yummy. Will definately try it with rum. Now I need to look up the recipe and see if I can duplicate it from scratch.

Still sleeping on the hide-a-bed. It was more comfy last night, tho I woke myself up dreaming. I was trying to scream in my dream and it wasn't working, so I took a deep breath and REALLY screamed. Woke up to my going EEEKKKKKKK!!! Didn't wake hubby up, was surprised as I thought it was pretty loud. We'll be buying a patch kit tonight on the way home, so one more night on the couch.

Comments