Rainy day

Still raining out, starts,stops and starts again. I'm happy, we really need it.

The power in our neighborhood was off when we got home. Apparenlty Moscow had another power outage, tho some places blinked on and off and we were about the last ones to get our power back on. It went out about 3:30pm and came back on about 9pm. We popped out to the Dollar store and picked up some cans of corned beef hash as I really didn't have anything in the pantry we wanted to cook and I fired that up in the cast iron skillet on the butane burner. Got the oil lamps and some candles going. Discovered a crack in the lid of one of the water jugs, so we couldn't turn it on its side to use the spigot. Need to get the lid replaced.

Coming back from the store, I flashed on a place where I can store emergency food stores. We have a double height platform bed and there is 6 drawers on one side and I have boxes of stuff stashed in the other, accessable thru a door. I'll get in and see what can get stored out in the shed and then have room for lots of emergency stuff. My pantry is really too small to hold that AND our regular groceries. I really miss living in a place that has a basement.

So today the first order of business (after hubby wakes up and I have more coffee) is to get that pipe cleared so I can get started on the seriously big pile of dishes. My FLY baby routine took a hit the last couple of weeks and I really need to get back to it. At least I've kept up on the laundry, more or less.

Comments