Okay

Hauled the bike inside last night and started working on it. Considering it's been more or less parked since 96 (hanging in shed for a couple years and then hanging off the back of the porch since), it is in pretty decent shape. Sprayed WD40 down the stem (I'd had the seat and post out all this time) and sprayed the chain. No real rust on it, except in a couple places. Need to find out if a friend's son is still in town to give my bike a looksee and see what else needs to be done. I'll be testing it out this weekend, probably start commuting to work on it on Tuesday (Monday being a holiday)

Mentioned in my comment on the previous post about the university collecting monies for the Red Cross, haven't found the info I need yet, but I'm going to do a payroll deduction to donate as soon as I can.

Nicky came in last night, limping. He doesn't want to put his right front paw on the ground (tho he uses it when zooming thru the house) when he walks. I checked it over and can't find any problems and my fiddling with it doesn't bother him at all and he doesn't seem to be in any pain. All we can think of is he jumped down wrong somewhere and there is a bit of a sprain.

Was checking my garden, most of it has either bolted or died, but the one tomato in the planter now has flowers, just in time for the cold weather :P If it does produce, I just may get a couple green ones before the serious frost. Oh well, I never turn down fried green tomatos :D

Comments